Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags

Are there any Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags? My next grow I want to commit 3 whole large plants to hash making. I think the 5 gallon 8 bag system is 275 bucks. What are the alternatives? I might be able to swing the 5 gallon 4 bag system, but I need to save money. I've never made hash

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags

i bought the 3 bag system for 150 canadian and the guy at the headshop i purchased it at had a long talk with me about the value of the bags, i was prepared to purchase the 5 bag system and he was kind enough to tell me not to waste my money on a 5 bag to get 3 bags or 8, 5 is roughly the same as 3 when it comes quality wise but if your gonna have 3 full plants purely to hash personally if i had the money id invest in the 8 bag system if not the 3 bags should be plenty

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Make your own. get a 250 micron screen from a craft store, and sew it together yourself.

Nug of the Month Winner BubbaKush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im with moose make your own
    You cant help someone up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself..
    out
    Omega Healthcare Collective Central OC

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...onal-99-a.html

Wake and Bake with Maryjane

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

one home made 250micron bag isn't going to do anyone much good. 2 bags at a minimum are needed and one has to have holes big enough to allow all the trichs through but no plant material and the other has to have holes small enough to collect all the trichs. I own a 3 bag set and it alllows one so-so grade of hash made from the first kiff bag and a good pure grade of hash from the 2nd kiff bag. the very first bag that holds the leaf and trimmings is called the work bag. So you have a work bag, a kief bag and a kief bag for a 3 bag set.
    That hydrowillys site is pretty cool but what do you use for the bag sides? All they sell are the 1 foot square screens and at a pretty expensive price. The last silk screen I bought for my kiff boxes was $7.00 a yard.
    Last edited by Racefan; 09-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess im a bit dense... but id run all them plants tru my coffeee filter lol

Post Thanks / Like

little off topic but, do you dry the plant material before you use bubble bags or can you just take they wet trimmings and use the bubble bags?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have used both. I find with wet leaf I get a purer product but at about half as much quantity wise.
    Last edited by Racefan; 09-17-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

salt water aquariums use filter bags at multiple micro sizes. you can pick them up cheap as well. take a peek -

bog

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want really cheap, try no bags - use the gumby bucket method. I just tried it for the first time and got 33 grams of caramel bubble hash. I used a couple buckets, a piece of hose, wax paper, a kitchen strainer and a wooden spoon. and bags of ice. Look it up on u tube. It costs about 5 bucks to make it this way. It wont be as pure as the bags but it will be a bigger yield. And it does bubble.
    Richard Richardson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought 4 aquarium filter bags. all nice bags 16 x 32 inches in size. 200, 100, 50, and 25 micron. got all 4 for 30 dollars. Will be beating the trim this weekend (hopefully) with the drill and ice.

looking forward to what i find between the 25 and 50 bag!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever tried doing a BHO extraction after using bubble bags? The yield would be small I'm sure but wouldn't the THC inside the plant matter still be there to collect after the water extraction?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the bags that I use to make wine with, they are $4 at the brewery shop.
    I'm thinking of a master plan.....

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My next grow I want to commit 3 whole large plants to hash making. I think the 5 gallon 8 bag system is 275 bucks. What are the alternatives?
    wow!!!
    smokewire 5gallon bubble bag kit ( 5 bags) for 95 bucks instead: http://www.smokewire.com/bubble-bags.html
    if you take two it makes 190 usd for 10 bags, still a lot cheaper.
    Free review available (1 set)
    Richard Richardson, Rubby813 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast