Can We Grow on Hawaiian Homelands

Puamai

Hi, Everyone im new to this but I am a Hawaii MMJ Patient but so confused on everything i get the basic on growing and useable but the real question here is:

Where do we grow?

Will we loss our home?

What is the consequences?

What steps to take?

Pls! Any Feed Back would be much appreciated! Mahalo:cool::yummy:

You are allowed to grow at home. I know of only one fellow MMJ patient that grows in HI, and he grows at his house... When he was robbed, he called the police. There were no problems with this. The officers were helpful, courteous, and understanding that MMJ is state allowed.

If you rent, it may be an issue. But as long as it is your property, the law is there to allow you to grow.

As long as you have your card you should be good to go!:thumb: Sometimes the cards take a while, so they will send you a letter (you may have to call to get it) stating you are registered and allowed to grow, and use marijuana. So.. just stay withing your plant limit and you should not have any complications.

sorry THsea....but, a patient does not have to call NED to receive the temporary letter..NED has to issue the letter because they are almost 4 months behind in processing "blue cards."

interesting comment about the police being helpful to the patient who was ripped off...I know of one patient who waited more than an hour for the police to arrive after someone was in his garden in the middle of the night...when the police showed up, instead of looking for the thief, they searched the guy's property, looking to see if he was in compliance with the law...and they actually accused him of selling his medicine which is why the thief was there...they were of no help....

sorry THsea....but, a patient does not have to call NED to receive the temporary letter..NED has to issue the letter because they are almost 4 months behind in processing "blue cards."

interesting comment about the police being helpful to the patient who was ripped off...I know of one patient who waited more than an hour for the police to arrive after someone was in his garden in the middle of the night...when the police showed up, instead of looking for the thief, they searched the guy's property, looking to see if he was in compliance with the law...and they actually accused him of selling his medicine which is why the thief was there...they were of no help....

No need to be sorry! :)
That's good news! I thought my friend had said a year or two ago he had to call to get his letter.. But good to know they send them out without needing to hassle! :Namaste: Makes you wonder, whats so much harder about making a card as opposed to a letter.. Who knows.

Yea, I'm guessing mileage will vary with police. Some cops are jerks, some really want to help people... It probably varies with how the patient seems too... Cop's gonna profile, its in their head already.

thank you for all the info you have provided but i still no can on my property. why is that its state property state law but need approval dont understand if anyone have suggestions

The law is pretty specific!

Under current Hawaii law, a mm patient or their caregiver has the legal right to grow the medicine either on their own property or on property they control, such as a rental/leased property. The location must be provided to the NED, and if you are not the owner, u should get the permission from the owner in most circumstances. You have to read the actual statute to find this out and the wording is all about property that is controlled. Hope this helps and is still timely for you.:thumb:

Thank you all. Now i have another problem understand all your responses but question is Does association have a say on if you can grow or not. So much hassle but people here in Hawaii still have no clue what you can do on your property. Just trying to keep it legal and safe. Much Mahalos

Oh my, I realize that the question is now. At first I was thinking about homeSTEAD growing rights. Can't believe I read that wrong! How embarrasing! At least I didn't mention that in my other posts! :)

I think you are asking about, perhaps, your town association's view on your growing? Since you mention "association" now... I suppose you would really have to call your town's association... But seriously, if you aren't advertising what your doing you should be fine.

It really shouldn't matter to much. The stingiest town (interms of associations!) I know is Mililani... And I know some MMJ card holders who grow for themselves without an issue over there.

As to the
So much hassle but people here in Hawaii still have no clue what you can do on your property.
I really do not know what to say. I mean, if you have your card.. You can legally have seven plants and I think the limit for dried is three ounces... I don't really see what is unclear about that. It's for the state, shouldn't matter what town or whatever you are in... As JobeyWan said if its your property you are good to go.. If you rent, you need get permission from the owner of the dwelling.

The card is for the right to grow and take your own medicine in Hawaii.. As long as you went to a reputable doctor (not a ticket mill) they should have explained all of this to you.

I'll try to answer the original questions again...

1- Where to grow? At home, or if renting get permission from the owner... When you go for your appointment they should be asking you where you are going to be growing, I think...

2- Will we lose our home? You shouldn't, there would be no justification unless you were going against the wishes of a rental property. Or I suppose if you are growing well beyond your limits and have ton's of dried goods... Enough to be undersuspicion for selling basically.

3- What is the concequence? As long as you follow the rules there should be none.. The MMJ card is there for you to make sure you aren't meeting concequences for your marijuana use... If you plan on joining the military, they frown upon cannabis as medicine.. Hm..

4- What steps to take? You need to get your medical records... A state ID/ liscence... set up an appointment ( if you need the number of a doctor, PM me.. There is a good one in town).. I think its like approx. $200 for the card, and a little less subsequent years while renuing. The good docs take care of all the paper work, try to inform you on the medicine, and give it more of that legitimate "doctor" visit feeling.

I am getting my card soon, I will be growing at my house. From everyone I have talked to, this is exactly why you get it... To avoid any consequence!!

the police have not shown themselves to be supportive of the law, nor all that knowledgeable about it...be careful...the blue card is not an automatic "get out of jail free" card...try to keep at your plant numbers and proper amount of dried (it's very hard to be exactly on the number at any one time, which is one of the challenges)...

Puamai, you probably are in trouble if you are talking about homeowner associations. Sometimes they can be real tough on things like boats and cars or RVs parked on property. I can only imagine the worst if they knew you were growing mm. And they can sue you to keep it out of the neighborhood. Best advice is stealth. What they don't know they can't bitch about. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom