Wednesday, February 1, 2012
5:00-7:00 p.m.

YWCA Laniakea, Fuller Hall
1040 Richards Street
Honolulu, HI 96813

Join us from 5:00-5:30 for Light Refreshments and Mingling
Program starts 5:30

$10 Suggested Donation

Neill Franklin, Executive Director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) and a retired police major is a 33-year police veteran who led multi-jurisdictional anti-narcotics task forces for the Maryland State Police and ran training for the Baltimore Police Department. After seeing several of his law enforcement friends killed in the line of fire while enforcing drug policies, Neill knew that he needed to work to change these laws that cause so much harm but do nothing to reduce drug use.

“It pains me to know that there is a solution for preventing tragedy and nothing is being done because of ignorance, stubbornness, unsubstantiated fear and greed."—Neill Franklin

LEAP is an international organization of criminal justice professionals who bear personal witness to the wasteful futility and harms of our current drug policies. Their experience on the front lines of the “war on drugs” has led them to call for a repeal of prohibition and its replacement with a tight system of legalized regulation, which will effectively cripple the violent cartels and street dealers who control the current illegal market.

Parking: municipal parking is available at Alii Place, 1099 Alakea Street, enter parking ramp just after Mandalay Restaurant on Alakea Street

For more information email info@dpfhi.org
Co-sponsors: Community Alliance on Prisons, Libertarian Party of Hawai`i, Hepatitis Support Network of
Hawaii, Office of Public Health Studies-University of Hawaii, ACLU of Hawai`i, Friends for Justice
UH Richardson School of Law—Neill Franklin and William Otis will debate the legalization of drugs, January 31,
11:30 a.m., Classroom 2, www.facebook.com/HawaiiFederalistSociety
Hilo—Neill Franklin will speak to the Rotary Club of Hilo, February 3, 12 noon, Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, for more
information: www.hilorotary.org

Major Franklin is a great speaker. This is a not to be missed event. We are fortunate to have someone of Neill's stature visiting Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom