Few questions

Cmarie

hey all,
I am so lucky I stumbled on this forum. I moved to Hawaii about 8 months ago. A hip injury 3 years ago has caused chronic pain. I am under orders from my doctor to not run, go to the gym, or do anything strenuous until further notice. for the past 6 months I have been prescribed daily pain meds. I smoke mj recreationally and it does help improve the pain. What is the likelihood I could get a prescription? How hard is the process to go through? How available is the medicine? I come from Vermont where there are dispensaries and I heard they don't have them here...
:peace:

Aloha Cmarie

Hmmm...I know Vermont well, and they only passed a dispensary law last year...there are none open yet (in fact, none have been licensed yet, as they only recently finished the rules)....

There are no dispensaries in Hawaii, you or a caregiver have to grow it yourself.

Chronic pain is one of the qualifying conditions (although there is a bill that would remove it...see other thread) so if you are taking daily pain meds, it sounds like you would qualify. The process usually entails a visit to the doctor, and depending on who it is, other tests may be necessary.

Unfortunately, once you get your medical recommendation, there is no legal way to get started...there is no way to get seeds or clones, and there is no system set in place to match patients and caregivers. Meeting the right people is the key, and also the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom