Hunger in third-world countries

Rin101

I've seen plenty of those starving children commercials on TV growing up, but I have read that there is a huge increase in the number of starving people around the world lately.

My question is..are they growing hemp? I can't find any information about whether or not these starving countries are growing hemp and using the amazing hemp seed as food.

Another question..if they aren't growing hemp, why not? Is it because of America's influence? Was there a time in that country's history when they did grow hemp? Do they have large companies demonizing Cannabis at the expense of their nation's health? Is their leadership intentionally starving them?

If anyone has answers to these questions I would be very grateful to read them :)

Humans are just so confusing

From what I understand, the United States' influence on other countries around the world (as far as hemp/cannabis is concerned) is extraordinarily powerful. I recall reading that thanks to U.S. intervention, there are quite a few strains that are in danger of being wiped out in India. The U.S.'s policy is to eradicate cannabis from the planet. Of course, that will never happen, but it is certainly a dangerous policy to have.

After all, if people in the 3rd world started using hemp for all the amazing things it can produce, the U.S. wouldn't have anything left to export.

That's ridiculous!

How is it possible for one country to lay down the law down for the world over??

I know for sure it's not gonna happen, but why they trying??

Just because the US Government is corrupt doesn't mean all nations are opposed to using it for medical uses - it's hard to think how many of their citizens they're failing, the ones who use it as a medicine... :thedoubletake:

That's ridiculous!

How is it possible for one country to lay down the law down for the world over??

I know for sure it's not gonna happen, but why they trying??

Just because the US Government is corrupt doesn't mean all nations are opposed to using it for medical uses - it's hard to think how many of their citizens they're failing, the ones who use it as a medicine... :thedoubletake:

Well, you have to remember that we control the almighty dollar. If this country or that country wants to get U.S. aid, they must comply.

Unfortunately the problem is far more complex than hemp. To my knowledge, plenty of nations have outlawed weed but not hemp, I think even Canada grows hemp.
I think the shortages of food are due to numerous factors, with factory-farms that produce massive amounts of beef to sell to the US being pretty high on the list. New farms can't be cleared because it's 'deforestation,' while existing farms have every incentive to produce cash crops instead of staple foods. Add in exponential population growth, some wars and a dash of freak weather and you got millions of starving people.

Back
Top Bottom