Ten Best Foods You Don't Eat

PFlynn

Hemp Seeds
Per 10 grams:
* 57 calories
* 5 g fat (0.5 g saturated)
* 3 g protein
Cannabis classification aside, these seeds aren't for smoking. But they may provide medicinal benefits.
Why they're healthy
"Hemp seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke," says Cassandra Forsythe, Ph.D., a nutrition researcher at the University of Connecticut. What's more, a 1-ounce serving of the seeds provides 11 grams of protein–but not the kind of incomplete protein found in most plant sources. Hemp seeds provide all of the essential amino acids, meaning the protein they contain is comparable to that found in meat, eggs, and dairy. Toss 2 tablespoons of the seeds into your oatmeal or stir-fry. Or add them to your post-workout shake for an extra dose of muscle-building protein.
John Stone

Re: Ten Bestt Foods You Don't Eat

I think smaller speciality shops (the expensive ones) sell hemp foods. I got some Ginger Hemp Granola from Peace Cereal, and it was pretty good too.
Peace cereal is HELLA good!! OK I noticed the title says 10 best foods u don't eat. What r the other 9?

Re: Ten Bestt Foods You Don't Eat

I eat all my seeds when I pick up a bag of swag. My friends think I'm a little nuts but I think they taste good and they are healthy. Most organic stores carry a couple different hemp things like milk, flour, and breakfast bars. Moms(My Organic Market) carries alot of hemp stuff. Little more expensive then the big supermarkets but I don't mind supporting healthy choices. It's not illegal to buy and sell hemp only illegal to grow hemp so all of it is imported from canada, china or where ever they import hemp from. Pretty much all of the world grows it except the U.S.

Simply put, Hemp is a better protein source than just about anything else for humans. Everything is balanced for humans and other animals to eat. Soy has more protein, but it has to be processed for us to be able to use it. Anything that can be made from soy should (in theory) be able to be made from hemp. You can have hemp milk and then turn the milk into a curd or cheeze or icecreme... you name it. It is great bait for fishing, birds love it and many mammals naturally eat it. When asked why hemp is still illegal in the U.S., not one law maker can give a credible answer! It is insane! Hemp creates jobs!

On a sad note, Michelle Rainey, a great Canadian Cannabis activist who has helped thousands of people, died on the 21st. She will be sorely missed. Her mag had many articles in it about Cannabis as a medicine and recipes for people to try. They also had articles about hemp since good food and good medicine are a healthy choice.

Michelle's old boss, Marc Emery is stuck in federal prison down in the states and would not be able to go to her funeral. Free Hemp and Free Marc!

Back
Top Bottom