Are Hemp and Cannabis the same except THC%?

Yunghart

Can Hemp be used medicinally like cannabis? That is, is the only biological difference is the <3%THC content? I would like to grow hemp on my farm for seeds and fiber. With the medicinals citing CDBs as the cannabinoid with the healing properties and THC as the "extra" bonus, would hemp be medicinal. I know the hemp seeds alone are high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids, but can you make RSO or medicine as good as cannabis but low THC?

THC is medicine, not "extras". Other than that, they are the same plant. However, I have no idea about the other cannabinoids, whether they were bred down, as well.

The main difference between extracting CBD from hemp versus CBD-rich medical cannabis is the low cannabinoid content compared to medical strains. Medical cannabis strains have tested as high as 17% CBD (ACDC), which would give a very pure product directly off of the initial extraction. However, hemp strains tend to be much lower, in the 1 — 4% CBD range. This presents its own set of challenges when refining the oil to an acceptable quality. Over the past few years the industry has been improving specialized techniques to purify CBD-rich hemp oil. Through the use of CBD extraction methods, it has been made possible to purify CBD from hemp to pharmaceutical-grade levels. Through a combination of special plant cultivars, advanced plant genetics, and growing techniques, pharmaceutical-grade percentages of CBD can be produced naturally and consistently in the hemp plant. The application of these proprietary technologies have allowed certain companies to perfect a means of extracting CBD from hemp with an almost 99% purity rate, creating legal and non-psychoactive CBD hemp oil.

I'm a wholesale distributor and make my own products with CBD oil that I get from pluscbdproducts.com
You should check out their oil, they've won 6 Cannabis Cups for highest CBD concentrate. Pretty sure they're having a buy one get one free sale right now for Cyber Monday too.

Best of luck, hope this helps!

Industrial hemp is simply cannabis sativa bred for high fiber content. This type of hemp is usually tall and barely branches. The leaves feel more like soft leather and don't get sticky like marijuana seeds bred for recreational and medicinal use. Hemp can be bred with recreational and medicinal cannabis sativa, indica and ruderalis. Currently, I am working on breeding a miniature female French hemp with a miniature, bushy male La Plata Quin-N-Tonic. I'm trying to create space hemp that is loaded with not only high fiber content to make a hemp based graphene putty for 3D printer technology, but is small enough to grow in a cramped space environment. The French hemp strain I am using has very little THC and about 2% CBD and trace amounts of myrcene. This strain makes wonderful sprouts for salads, cooking and smoothies. I hope the male QNT injects more bushiness and CBD into the offspring. This the my very pregnant 10 inch French hemp female:
hemppreggers.png

It would be sweet to create a future, multipurpose hemp strain that can be used for high strength fiber for 3D printing putty, building blocks, high energy food and medicine.

Can Hemp be used medicinally like cannabis? That is, is the only biological difference is the <3%THC content? I would like to grow hemp on my farm for seeds and fiber. With the medicinals citing CDBs as the cannabinoid with the healing properties and THC as the "extra" bonus, would hemp be medicinal. I know the hemp seeds alone are high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids, but can you make RSO or medicine as good as cannabis but low THC?
No, Hemp is a good oil that supports the joints, hair and skin but you wont get the entourage effect. Which is the medicinal benefits. Which is extracted from the seeds. Through extraction of the plant, flower and stalk you would then have the cbd with all the medicinal values. But be sure to not use the alcohol method of extraction which isnt as pure.

Back
Top Bottom