Hemp Diapers Give New Meaning To Pot-ty Training

Ron Strider

Just when I think I've heard everything, my hippy friend tells me she's using hemp diapers on her baby boy.

That's right, marijuana diapers.

Don't tell me there's a difference between hemp and marijuana – the internet says they are the same, so it must be true! (Haha)

"Everybody is doing it," she said.

Even so, I believe this latest diaper craze will give mothers of toddlers a new meaning for "pot-ty" training. I made a few more "pot" jokes, such as one day she may find her baby smoking his diaper.

She laughed the laugh that really says, "You're old. What do you know?"

Well, I know a lot about diapering babies.

I started baby sitting when I was 12 and took care of numerous children throughout the years. I must say many of them turned out just fine, including Michele and Michael Redmon and Tania and Dawn Diemer.

They all hold a dear place in my heart.

So, could diapering a baby really have changed so much in 38 years?

I used disposable diapers on my two babies and I thought they were great. Grandma would tell me how lucky I was to have disposable diapers available.

Sure, when money was tight, I tried cloth diapers – but I couldn't take it.

Faithful readers may recall I have a delicate stomach and gag reflex when it comes to blood, vomit and soiled diapers.

I like helping people, but I am absolutely no help when it comes to those things.

Consequently, when Baby Dear Daughter suffered her first bout of diarrhea, I held my breath, gingerly picked up the dirty cloth diaper and threw it in the trash. No way was I touching that!

Same story when I heard the words every parent dreads in the middle of the night – "Mommy! I have to throw up!"

And, as every parent will attest, young children rarely, if ever, make it out of their bed and into the bathroom.

When they are a little older, they might make it to the nearest rug.

Ugh!

I bet you can guess what I did next.

That's right! I folded up the sheets or rug, gingerly carried it to the outside garbage can and dumped it. No way was I touching that!

Somehow, the children and I survived.

So, if diapering your baby in hemp diapers makes motherhood a little easier, I say go for it.

Hemp_Plant_and_Cloth_-_Adobe.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Hemp diapers give new meaning to pot-ty training | Local News | starbeacon.com
Author: Shelley Terry
Photo Credit: Adobe

Hemp is not cannabis. Pot is a term that I don't prefer. But, with a lot of the synthetics used in things like Pampers, it might be great for the environment, as well!

Back
Top Bottom