Hemp Hemp Hooray: Local Farm Partners With The Colorado Hemp Project

Ron Strider

It was a morning in late June, around 5:30am, sunrise just approaching the horizon as I took off from Denver and headed north up I-25 for a much-anticipated visit to Blue Forest Farms. This wasn't your typical tour through a local farm–this family farm is special, and has dedicated 25 acres of their land to team up with the Colorado Hemp Project! My early morning visit was planned so I would arrive around the same time as the farmers and transplanting team, and be able to watch them place plants that were about 8-10 inches in height into the fertile land. The beaming sun made for warm conditions, hence their work hours of 6am to noon.

Having never experienced a hemp grow at the planting stage, I truly had no idea what to expect in terms of execution when I saw the open 25 acres and a large semi-truck filled with flower beds of hemp plants. After being educated on the steps by hemp master Dani Fontaine of the Colorado Hemp Project, I found their plan to be simple and logical. The owner and head farmer of BFF, Dave, drove a tractor that had a tilted two-seat attachment in the back, and a tray in front.

The attachment held two farmers of the BFF team, both holding trays of hemp plants in front of them. As the tractor moved at a steady pace through each row in the field, the farmers on the attachment would carefully place a plant into the rows. As the tractor went along, a team of anywhere from 8 to 10 farmers followed behind on foot and placed the plants in the soil, making sure they were deep enough in the soil and standing upright. I visited on the first day of planting, and with their 6-hour shift system they finished the entire 25 acres within a week!

Blue Forest Farms works with the Colorado Hemp Project to obtain their seeds and/or clones due to their high quality and consistent genetics, which have been approved by the Department of Agriculture. A focus on high-terpene, fuller-spectrum CBD development is the mission here at Blue Forest Farms, and I simply cannot wait to revisit this field later in the season!

Hemp_Planting_Day_-_Blue_Forest_Farms.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Blue Forest Farms: Local Farm Partners with the Colorado Hemp Project
Author: Jena Schlosser
Contact: Contact Dope Magazine | Dope Magazine | Cannabis News and Reviews
Photo Credit: Blue Forest Farms

Back
Top Bottom