Is CBD Oil The Same As Hemp Oil In Food

Ron Strider

I see hemp oil advertised in soap, lotions, etc. Is all of that the same as CBD oil?

It's hard to keep up with extracts because of cannabis's legal status and social stigma, so no worries. Although CBD can be derived from hemp and neither oils have psychoactive effects like THC waxes and shatters at dispensaries, CBD and hemp oils are made from different parts of the plant and have different purposes. CBD is a compound found in hemp flowers, so extractors try to pull as much of it from the plant matter as they can and then purify it further. Hemp oil is made from pressing hemp seeds and, as you've noticed, is used in a variety of products.

CBD oil is generally used for medicinal purposes, treating inflammation, pain, sleeping disorders and even certain types of epileptic seizures. Hemp-seed oil is used as a protein supplement for food, as varnish for wood and, because of its remedial properties for hair and skin, as an ingredient in the lotion and soap products you mentioned. You can buy hemp-seed oil online or at certain food stores, where you can learn about more ways to incorporate it into your diet and hygiene.

Hemp_Seeds_and_Oil_-_Shutterstock.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: CBD Oil vs. Hemp Oil: What's the Difference? | Westword
Author: Herbert Fuego
Photo Credit: Shutterstock

I was really wondering what is the difference between cbd and hemp oils. thank you
There a 3 types of cbd oil. Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum and Cbd Isolate. FULL has all the components of the plant + terpenes and phytonutrients with Thc amounts of under .3% which is the legal limit, the Broad is the same as the Full except its THC Free. The isolate doesn't have the same effect as the Full or Broad because it doesnt contain the terpenes or phytonutrients. They just extract the cbd alone leaving out all the other benefits of the flower, plant and stalks. Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds only so you will not get the entourage effect which is all medicinal values of the cbd. The hemp is good for hair, joints and skin but won't supplement the more chronic issues. Hope this helped. If you have any more questions just send me a message

Back
Top Bottom