OH: Hemp Health - Examining Life-Changing Results Of The Controversial Products

Ron Strider

Life changing, it's a strong statement, but that's exactly how some people are describing the impact Hemp is having on their health and their families.

Users of CBD products tout a wide range of medical benefits. If you didn't know, the cannabis compound is completely legal.

A number of people are treating some pretty serious medical issues with CBD, instead of using standard medical care and they swear by it. From autism, cancer, to relief of everyday aches and pains. However, medical experts warn the use of these products should not be the only option.

It's a realization that no one is prepared for.

"I saw about 14 doctors when I got my cancer diagnosis," said Lore Long.

Long struggles to find the right treatment options.

"I felt like no one understood me," said Long.

After a double mastectomy, she opted against chemo and radiation therapy. Instead taking a holistic treatment approach, using agricultural hemp or CBD as an alternative. Now in remission, Long explained her daily regimen.

"We choose to use things that are natural," said Long.

She's not alone. Joseph Brennan, owner of Columbus Botanical Depot told ABC 6 that his business is booming.

"There's multiple different products to be able to help pretty much everybody. Most people come in with anxiety, pain, depression. We have grown tremendously," said Brennan.

Brennan points out the products are considered dietary supplements. Cannabidiol or CBD is the part of the cannabis plant that doesn't get you "high" like the THC side of the plant. It's usually used for health reasons, not for recreation. Brennan told ABC 6 it may provide those natural healing affects without the buzz.

The results for users may be positive, but the Food and Drug Administration points out that these products are not approved for diagnosis, cure, treatment or prevention of any disease.

Thursday at 11, ABC 6 takes a look at how some people are using them for their children, and the warnings the FDA has for anyone who's thinking about trying the controversial treatments.

Medical_Cannabis5_-_Getty_Images.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Hemp Health: Examining life-changing results of the controversial products | WSYX
Author:
Contact: Columbus Contact | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WSYX
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Website: Columbus News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WSYX

Back
Top Bottom