Making Cannabutter w Hemp Seed Oil

Making canna-oil works with literally any oil. The only difference between the oils is taste, burn temperature (smoke point), and health benefits. Hempseed oil is one of the healthiest, though it has a strong 'nutty' hemp seed flavor. So if that's the taste you're looking for, it will work perfectly. Coconut oil (refined only, not virgin) has a very high burn temp (and sweet taste), which is why it is so often recommended. If you look up 'smoke point' on wikipedia you can see which oils buckle at what temperature.

I normally use extra virgin olive oil due to the flavor and health benefits, though I've recently been also thinking of using hemp oil as well.

Cannabis infused butter and oils are used primarily for cooking or skin salves. Therefore, you should use a healthy food grade fat that tastes good with what you are going to be cooking or one that has a nice aroma if used as a salve. For this reason, I prefer coconut oil because it tastes good in bake goods and smells nice on the skin.

I don't use olive as much as coconut and sunflower oils, because I prefer Asian cuisine over Roma cuisine probably because I'm Asian/Polynesian. Olive oil just doesn't taste right in Asian cuisine. However, olive oil has a much longer shelf life than coconut oil, so if you enjoy Roma cuisine, olive oil is an excellent choice.

Thus, if you enjoy the taste and smell of hemp oil, it should infuse with cannabis as well as coconut and olive oils.

Hemp oil availability is very limited at the moment in the United States because hemp is illegal to grow in most of the United States or heavily regulated. Additionally, our police force can't tell the difference between cannabis, hemp, Japanese maples, and other flora with palmate leaves. It's hard to grow hemp if police and customs are seizing crops and seeds.

Back
Top Bottom