Help for Hep C

RaysDad

:thumb::thumb: Does any strain help with the tired worn out feeling that this awful scourge often bring's with it??? Thanks Raysdad:smokin::smokin::smokin:

I know that Berkeley is a good strain for being an "upper" type high
Anything with a strong Sativa background
here is a list of 100% Sativas:
Durban, Durban Poison, Ethiopian Highland, Golden Triangle Thai, Hawaiian Sativa, Haze, Kariba Surprise-Zimbabwe, Malawi Gold, Swazi Skunk, Transkei Green, Zambian Copper
*stay away from strong crosses of Indicas*
hope that helps

:thumb::thumb: Does any strain help with the tired worn out feeling that this awful scourge often bring's with it??? Thanks Raysdad:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Are you talking about the symptoms of Hep C, or the side effects of the treatment?

If you are talking about the viral symptoms the answer is "probably not".
You need to start taking Milk Thistle, vitamin D, and absolutely no alcohol.
I hear cranberry juice helps too.

If you are talking about the side effects of treatment there is a study out there saying MMJ helps with them to the point that you have a 40% better chance of completing treatment. Which, of course gives you a better chance of clearing the virus.

JG's Ghost

I just did a search for helpful herbs and as Ghost said milk thistle is top of the list, the others being fresh dandelion root. Licorice, aloa vera, artichoke extract, and the Indian spice cumin. Lots of good clean water, coffee also slows down the virus, which is cool to know LOL
About the alcohol, my doctor who has over fifty hepc patients said that the no alcohol advisory was really aimed at alcoholics that cant stop at A beer or One glass of wine. And that a drink now and then, is tolerated by the liver. I know this is a controversial subject, with doctors going both ways, and if you cant control your drink best to abstain.

I used to belong to a Hep-c support group it broke up because the people that ran it were dying off and the rest of us just went a long. They had people from the field come in and talk to us whenever the subject of alcohol was brought up they said that Hep-c seemed to go in a linear slope, but if you drank it would go exponentially and alcohol was the biggest accelerator. I knew people that didn't agree they are not here anymore I've know I have had it since 95 granted I'm in cirrhosis but that from the progression of the disease.

Yes, I should clarify, when I said the occasional drink, I meant that quite literally. Not daily, not monthly, but a glass of wine at christmas.

I stopped drinking all together since drinking alcohol is so excepted. Always had freinds trying to give me a beer and now they know I don't drink at all it just makes it easier.Some people think everyone should drink.

I have Hep-C & Milk thistle is top notch. I use that in conjunction with cannabis. The sativa's will help better for the tired feeling during the day, Indy for the painfully sleepless nights.

Just started treatment on 3-30-12 one of the things you have to do now is you have to eat 20 grams of fat within a half hour of taking one of them. Other than that vaporize alot and use AVB for making capsule I take one before I take the pills This is my second time failed 2001 must be the CANNABIS because side have been very small.

I have Hep-C & Milk thistle is top notch. I use that in conjunction with cannabis. The sativa's will help better for the tired feeling during the day, Indy for the painfully sleepless nights.

I live on the east coast choice is limited. :peace:

Just started treatment on 3-30-12 one of the things you have to do now is you have to eat 20 grams of fat within a half hour of taking one of them. Other than that vaporize alot and use AVB for making capsule I take one before I take the pills This is my second time failed 2001 must be the CANNABIS because side have been very small.

I went through the whole treatment without cannabis, and found the side effects much less than the first two times. They have improved the drugs since 2001.

DO NOT get the fact that you are using MMJ on your medical record. It makes getting a liver transplant almost impossible. I have read several stories about people being refused transplants because of cannabis use, and dieing because of it.

Just now starting to feel "normal" again and treatment ended in Feb. Watch out for the Xanax. A lot of doctors prescribe it, but when treatment is over they just cut you off.

JG

I went through the whole treatment without cannabis, and found the side effects much less than the first two times. They have improved the drugs since 2001.

DO NOT get the fact that you are using MMJ on your medical record. It makes getting a liver transplant almost impossible. I have read several stories about people being refused transplants because of cannabis use, and dieing because of it.

Just now starting to feel "normal" again and treatment ended in Feb. Watch out for the Xanax. A lot of doctors prescribe it, but when treatment is over they just cut you off.

JG

I was excepting more side effects it's not been a week yet but side very low compared to last time I like to think it's the CANNABIS it's illegal here so there know one to tell . :peace:

Here I am going into week 5 side effects are still manageable still only using CANNABIS Vaporizing and taking 5 capsules a day that I make with AVP and Interferon,ribapak,and Incvek. It seems it's harder to eat the min 20 grams of fat at 5:30 in the morning maybe I'm wrong but I like to think it's the CANNABIS .
:peacetwo:

Hey demp:

What was the reason your Dr. recommended 20 grams of fat? That is something I have never heard, or read of during my treatment, and research.

JG

I take it with the incivek it needs the fat to enter your blood I take it every 8 hours I've adjusted my meal times and have no desire to eat at 5:30am.
Hey demp:

What was the reason your Dr. recommended 20 grams of fat? That is something I have never heard, or read of during my treatment, and research.

JG

well found out at my 1 month I was non detectable already but have been told this the other two times,But need to drop my intefreone to 90 and start weekly injections of something to my boost red blood cells. :peace:

How are you going to drop your IFN to 90? The shots come premixed. Also having a problem with red blood cells in the first month indicates to me you had a problem before starting treatment. I'd ask my Dr. for more info.

JG

Well the 90 was supposed to be 900 there are marks on the needles 900,1200,1800.I get blood work done every week so this couldn't have happened over night probably happens more often then we are aware of ? I had this since 70, 80's my red blood cell count was above the lower limit before I started.

I was wrong 90 120 180 on side of needle. :peace:

I would like to add one cautionary note. Be very careful with cannabis use if you think your liver is bad enough that you may need a transplant. If you use cannabis your doctor will just let you die for absolutely no scientific reason. Its already happened quite a few times. Has happened here in Washington a few times. Just be sure and look at the big picture.

Back
Top Bottom