My brother and Aids

JesusLover

My brother had AIDS very early on since it's discovery in the U.S. It's quite possible that he acquired it between 1979-1984 but more likely it was '83 or 84 at MSU Michigan State University. He died from it in 1996. I do know that he smoked cannabis for his nausea. I can establish it as a fact that in his situation cannabis did alleviate his nausea so he could eat. I believe also that smoking marijuana in conjunction with his HIV/AIDS medications made them more tolerable. I would have to contact one of his friends to get a more detailed report. His disease was not even noticeable until the last year of his life; that's when it really hit him hard.
It's a touchy subject, even today.

sorry for your loss, time just puts years between it and today, but it doesn't soften the blow it can still deliver like it happened yesterday - peace, bro...

Sad story TBob and so sorry for your loss.

your right about smoking taking the nausea away and increased appetite. The Wife and I have a friend with AIDS and he takes this new med (changes DNA or something) and has also been using cannabis concentrated oil. He is afraid to stop his meds but looks and feels so much better while taking the concentrate, thing is he needs a lot more (like a cancer treatment and maybe more, as AIDS is one of the fastest mutating cells EVER). Wish the G wouldn't of suppressed MJ so damn long....G/B Brother

Thanks for the shout-out Moto and Engineer.

My Grandma died recently [she was 93] and I was cleaning out the farmhouse and I found a few pamphlets/books from the 80's on how to deal with a family member that has AIDS. Even Grandma had the sense to get informed so she knew best how to deal with my brother's ailment. Of course he eventually moved to Hollywood, Florida so he could live with the gay community down there (not that he was openly gay, he wasn't). People with AIDS were kind of ostracized at that time, not because they had "cooties" but because nobody really knew how to deal with it then. It wasn't until Freddy Mercury's plight was brought into the spotlight that people started to have compassion rise up in the general public.
It's kind of like that driver in front of you that goes really slow or does stupid things. You get mad and start yelling at them, judging them... but then you get beside them and realize that it is somebody you know! Then your attitude about the whole situation changes drastically and you feel really bad. It's the same with AIDS.

Likewise - monitoring a local AIDs patient and MM activist - he says he credits RSO to his longer life and defeating tumors and skin issues.

DN

Sorry to hear about your Bro!! Unfortunately there is a lot of stigma that goes with HIV/AIDS, very tiny minded people! MMJ helps with many symptoms of HIV/AIDS, so sad that more of our fellow human beings aren't more compassionate!

My brother had AIDS very early on since it's discovery in the U.S. It's quite possible that he acquired it between 1979-1984 but more likely it was '83 or 84 at MSU Michigan State University. He died from it in 1996. I do know that he smoked cannabis for his nausea. I can establish it as a fact that in his situation cannabis did alleviate his nausea so he could eat. I believe also that smoking marijuana in conjunction with his HIV/AIDS medications made them more tolerable. I would have to contact one of his friends to get a more detailed report. His disease was not even noticeable until the last year of his life; that's when it really hit him hard.
It's a touchy subject, even today.
@JesusLover, as I know the symptoms of Aids are very normal and its very difficult to find out till you did not go for HIV aids test. The same happened with I lost my brother in law due to aids and we come to know only seven days before he died and did not find any solution.

But now medical marijuana is become a cure for Aids. People infected with HIV in the US are depending more and more on cannabinoid-based therapies to reduce the effect of HIV infection. One out of three patients is opting cannabis to fight HIV/AIDS due to its incredible effect. It also helps in treating the conditions associated with ARV consumption like depression, nausea, pain, sleeping problems and weight loss.

Plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC) are the immune cells that are responsible for the activation of B-cells (antibody producing cell). They play a crucial role in host antiviral immune response. On interacting with HIV, its number decreases in the blood. This results in increasing the activity of the virus and ultimately it progresses towards AIDS.

THC in cannabis combat the effect of HIV by dampening pDC activation. This suppresses the PDC function during the early phase of interaction between the host and the virus. Thus, preventing the condition from getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom