What Range Should I Maintain For My Growroom Humidity & Temperature?

SmokeyMacPot

Daytime conditions should be 70-80 degrees without co2, 80-90 degrees with co2 until the last two weeks when daytime temps should be kept between 70-80 and co2 can be reduced to adjust for the lower metabolism. Night temperatures should be kept above 60 degrees to prevent stress. It is preferrable during flowering to have a night temperature drop of 10-20 degrees to stimulate flowering hormones and reduce stem elongation.

I find that low humidity causes stress on plants. I recommend 50-60% humidity until the final 2 weeks of flowering. At this point, the humidity should be lowered as much as possible to encourage the plant to seal and protect itself with additional resin. (I am able to get the humidity to go as low as 31%) I have been able to frost things up considerably this way. The higher humidity levels prior to final ripening reduce salt levels within the plant tissue and encourage healthy, more lush growth.

Author: MisterIto

and your recommended ways of dealing with humidity? :)

warmer air or a dehumidifier

hey damagoman, i am growing in a small closet and the summer hot weather is coming. it usually gets around 104 deg outside. any tips on keeping my grow room nice and cool. i was thinking of running a small ac unit in there but im kind of cramped in there already. any ideas. your help is much appreciated:thanks:

What kind of lights?
If not Compact Floros, maybe switching to them.

A/C is the only option sometimes.
They make small and portable ones.
Just a matter of money :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Damago,

I am using just a regular T12 floro light for vegg. I plan on switching to 400 watt HPS in two weeks when i start flowering. I guess im going to have to look into a small ac untit. Thank you very much for your help.:thanks:

Also running lights at night helps, I run 1KW HPS from 6PM - 6AM for several reasons not the least is temp control!>)

The safest way to switch from day to night lighting is when the light turns off let the plants sleep at least 24 hours before the next cycle starts; ergo, if yer shut off at 6PM now don't turn them on till 6PM the next day. This reduces chance of hermys!>)

The safest way to switch from day to night lighting is when the light turns off let the plants sleep at least 24 hours before the next cycle starts; ergo, if yer shut off at 6PM now don't turn them on till 6PM the next day. This reduces chance of hermys!>)

Thanks for the info naturalhi. you just answered my next question. That is what i am going to do. Do you by any chance know of any small AC units that will fit into a closet. Thanks so much for tha help:thanks:

AC units have to be installed one part inside and one part outside of what ever room they are to cool. Heat is transferred through the unit from one coil to the other, if both coils are in the same space cool air comes out of one end and hot air plus the heat generated by the compressor out the other side (which is basically how a dehumidifier works, by the way).

So to use one in a closet cut a hole in the door, wall, ceiling (if you have a downdraft AC) so the heat is transferred out of room.

In some dryer low humidity areas evaperative coolers can be used to cool and ventilate the area:>)

If you are wary of cutting holes, you could buy a replacement door (just the door panel) and replace the normal door with the new one. That way you can gasket the door if you want, cut holes if you want, whatever. Then when you need the damage to go away, you put the original door back (9-12 simple screws). As long as your landlord doesn't snoop, no prob.

Daytime conditions should be 70-80 degrees without co2, 80-90 degrees with co2 until the last two weeks when daytime temps should be kept between 70-80 and co2 can be reduced to adjust for the lower metabolism. Night temperatures should be kept above 60 degrees to prevent stress. It is preferrable during flowering to have a night temperature drop of 10-20 degrees to stimulate flowering hormones and reduce stem elongation.

I find that low humidity causes stress on plants. I recommend 50-60% humidity until the final 2 weeks of flowering. At this point, the humidity should be lowered as much as possible to encourage the plant to seal and protect itself with additional resin. (I am able to get the humidity to go as low as 31%) I have been able to frost things up considerably this way. The higher humidity levels prior to final ripening reduce salt levels within the plant tissue and encourage healthy, more lush growth.

Author: MisterIto
perfect! to the point with conviction,we like that NIXON NIXON

Thank you all!Where I live (northern MI.)heat & humidity are real factors.We have 2 grow locations,1 outside,1 in damp wet basement.So far,not much luck.Outside plants got frost & withered without much hope.Learning to grow=tough stuff,Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom