Can I use foil to reflect light?

SmokeyMacPot

Yes, but you must use the dull side to reflect your light as the shinny side will produce concentrated hotspots. Using aluminum foil is a cheap alternative to using mylar or white paint, but it does not perform nearly as well.

Author: MedMan

Im new to this game and wondering if I could use the foil backed insulation panels? I was thinking this would not only give me the reflectiveness, but also some sound muffling! (Im prone to migraines and noise hurts!!)

Hmmm good question. A big plus is that the foil backed insulated sheets would also reduce your infrared profile. Not to be taken lightly in our massive police state. Meaning the US at large. Cant be too careful. Maybe spray it with low luster clear spray paint?

They work very well and are cheap on Amazon. You won't block or reflect 100% of all light but they do a great job.
Just don't get the thin plastic Mylar too close to a heat source. I use household LEDs to grow and don't have any issues with hot spots or melting unless you were to lay it directly on a bulb.

Im new to this game and wondering if I could use the foil backed insulation panels? I was thinking this would not only give me the reflectiveness, but also some sound muffling! (Im prone to migraines and noise hurts!!)
Yes my class mate uses these panels for his grow space. Tried and tested

Sent from my SM-A320FL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom