When should I fertilize my seedlings?

SmokeyMacPot

Mixes composed of perlite, vermiculite, and rockwool and other inert media should be treated with a mild application, 300-400ppm, of fertilizer prior to seed introduction to provide available nutrients and buffer the pH.

Adding Hormex, Superthrive or some other auxin/vitamin based supplement will accelerate early plant development. It is not beneficial to apply additional fertilizer to seedlings in rockwool or other inert media until the first set of true leaves appear, at which point a 1/4 to 1/2 strength application is made.

Excessively rich organic soil mixes are best avoided until the tender, young plants are well established. As such it is possible to feed young seedlings in soil with a 1/4 to 1/2 strength solution of fetiliser after two to three weeks or after the first set of true leaves appear but only if the soil is not super hot in terms of nutrients.

Author: MisterIto

can i just use superthrive little drops at a time untill the plant sprouts a leaf then turn my lights on and wait untill it's around 3 inches tall and then do my 20-10-10 mixutre for nutrients?

Normaly i use 1/4 strengh feed prior to sowing my seeds and don't feed again untill about two weeks into the grow.and then with 1/2 strenght till im sure the plants wont react to badly to the nutes normaly i have one test plant i try evrything on first so i dont mes up a whole grow...peace

Fertilise approx once every 2 weeks "Overfertilizing and overwatering kills more plants than the government does every year."....to quote BPP...........some growers will use more ferts and more frequently, but until you have a few grows under your belt.

Visited a mate 2day n he's had a plant growing in his window since he reckons August thats 7 half month,it aint started flowering yet but he aint bothered with the correct light cycles,i think its been getting about 6 hrs sunlight and the rest is going to be living room light with about 4 hrs darkness,it dont look like a male the leafs are still a light greenish color can it be saved if we change the light cycle to 12 on/12 off and use ionic bloom please help?:bong:

Hi everyone!
I am planning my first grow and was wondering how often i should water my plants and when i should start giving them nutrients from the seedling onwards!!! i am going to try an autoflowering lowryder 2 and a couple of feminized northern lights...suggestions for both would be very much appreciated thanks...i am using soil...probably oceans forest fox i think and their nutrients, if anyone else has ecomendations for siol and nutrients then please let me know any help would be welcome
many thanks
skunkybaby!!

depends on a bunch of factors - create a thread about getting ready to start your grow and give all the details like medium, nutrients, lighting, etc. soil, water quality, all that stuff is relevant. I'll be sure and help you out with that information!

fox farm has info on their website.

thanks kris you've been helpful and i think i am going to start a journal so any more help and advice is welcome!!!

skunky baby!!! keep smoking up and growing well!!!

Thanks for that Info. I have over done it with any /all of the wrong things *** I have learned know to listen to the one's that KNOW. Thank You:nicethread:

ok i am starting small with one mid grade seed pulled from a bag of killer mids, i curantly have it in vermiculite and it is about 2 inches above the soil, it is in a 7 oz clay pot, what can i do to fertalize my baby i live at home and haev to keep it under wraps until it is warm and big enough to replant out doors what can i use to fertalize it until it is time to replant.. i dont know anywhere around here that has solutions for growing anything i can get froma local lawn and garden center? please pm with an anser

Back
Top Bottom