How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

SmokeyMacPot

Preflowers, as opposed to full blown flowers, generally appear after the fourth week of vegetative growth from seed. Check carefully above the fourth node. Please note that preflowers are very small and impossible to differentiate without magnification. A photographer's 10x loupe is handy indeed when examining preflowers.

As the images below demonstrate, the female preflower is pear shaped and produces a pair of pistils. Frequently, the female preflowers do not show pistils until well after the preflowers have emerged. Thus, don't yank a plant because it has no pistils.Pistillate preflowers are located at the node between the stipule and emerging branch.
crzycom1.jpeg

The male preflower and flower may be described as a "ball on a stick." Frequently, a male plant will develop mature staminate flowers after prolonged periods of vegetative growth. These appear in clusters around the nodes.

The following image shows a male plant in early flowering. Staminate flowers are located at the node between
the stipule and emerging branch. Note the clusters of flowers.

Author: MisterIto

males =look for the football shaped pollen sacs to form under the nodes.. then get his ass outta there. females= white hairs or pistols, no pollen sacs..

cant you save the male plants and use the leafs of the males to smoke? I also heard if u take the male leafs and rub them against the female buds that the male leafs will pick up more thc and will get you more high.

cant you save the male plants and use the leafs of the males to smoke? I also heard if u take the male leafs and rub them against the female buds that the male leafs will pick up more thc and will get you more high.

Im going to assume by your name that your joking, but just in case your not, if you save the males you will pollinate the females and produce lots of seeds on them and they will not be close to as potent as seedless females will be. As far as rubbing the male leaves on the female bud, you could rub a T-bone steak on them and that will increase its thc content but not enough to get you high.:Rasta:

When exactly can the male plant start fertilizing the female plant?? im curious if there was a room full of clones (all female) and a few unknown say (four weeks old) how long is it you can have the unkowns in there until it starts fertilizing? before flower period? first couple weeks of flowering???

First time grower, and I was wondering if Male plants are able to grow the white hairs and if the buds can be anywhere, I have 2 plants I have been growing for 2 months and they both have buds with white hairs from top 2 bottom, but honestly I think I MIGHT see pollen sacs, I can't quite tell so any additional info would be most helpful:thanks:

Hello @nd welcome GreenVodoo!!! Sounds like you h@ve @ hermie. @ fem@le pl@nt c@n sprout b@lls for @ few re@sons. M@ybe some sort of stress, heat, etc.Or possibly @ light le@k during your 12 hour d@rk period. I've he@rd of people clipping off the pollen s@cs @s they show up in @n @ttempt to not let the pl@nt pollin@te itself. some pics would @lso help. Good Luck Buddy!!!

Back
Top Bottom