How dark does the dark cycle need to be?

SmokeyMacPot

Consider that Cannabis can flower outdoors under the light of the full moon, so if your grow room is that dark, you should be OK. Having said that, it's best to make it as dark as possible. Plug all light leaks and be liberal with the black plastic.

Be sure to let your eyes adjust to the darkened room for at least two minutes before you try and identify how "truly dark" it is. If you can hold your hand out at arm's length and see your fingers, it is probably too bright. Light leaks are common triggers for hermaphroditism.

Author: administrator

:helpsmilie:can any body tell me if the light off my tv and computer screen will it mess with my dark cycle 12/12 started it on 3/2 I do have a grow tent but they have out grow it should I take one out or just leave it a lone? :reading420magazine:

to be on the safe side and not cause stress, reduced yields or possible hermes make your dark cycle while flowering as dark as you can!

tv and computer screen are quite bright and IMO would interrupt the cycle somehow

sweet I will take you're advice I mite have one more for ya. I have 7 of the same strain 6 are thriving like the mother in every way but one is short and grew slow but healthy if I scrap the plant and turn it into clones will it take after the original mother and sisters...

there 2nd generation clones and the mother was little over 7 foot these 5 to 6 foot difference is these I grew in my room mother out side by some one else but same nuts. My mane concern if I turn it into clones will the clones grow like the rest of them or like how it has growing?slow

Smoker Nick....
Clones are exact duplicates of the parent plant genetically. They will grow and respond the same and they will be the same sex as the parent plant. Unless you change your lighting or growing conditions they should grow the same rate/height as your parent plant. Hope this helps!

Smoker Nick....
Clones are exact duplicates of the parent plant genetically. They will grow and respond the same and they will be the same sex as the parent plant. Unless you change your lighting or growing conditions they should grow the same rate/height as your parent plant. Hope this helps!

like the man said, clones have the same dna as the mother plant. You may see change in the phenotype if you change the growing conditions.

So yes, it may start to grow faster! How many hours of light was it getting outdoors??

computer crashed but back on line finely.
Ya I invested in The indoor/outdoor grower's bible love it:thumb:
Now this is what I ended up doing I'm budding it out with the other ones all but the one look just like the mother but it is maturing like the others. I had a few more clones from the same cutting that some one else was taking care of so we decided to turn one of them into a mother that way we don't loose the strain. Thanks for all your advice it has helped.::bong:

complete darkness is better than any light at all. if you need light get a green light plants dont absorb green light

disagreed. its just that indoor growing conditions do not allow the amount of red/blue saturation to allow the plant to metabolize it. red lights in the grow room (higher than 570 nm) will not trigger a daylight response.

:helpsmilie:can any body tell me if the light off my tv and computer screen will it mess with my dark cycle 12/12 started it on 3/2 I do have a grow tent but they have out grow it should I take one out or just leave it a lone? :reading420magazine:

I used to work as a vet tech, and I can say that cats can be triggered into their summer shed cycle if they like to spend lots of time sleeping in front of the tv, so probably better safe than sorry.

just and FYI even the light from a power strip or the little light on a heater can cause hermi's some strains are more prone than others, but yes a tv or computer screen will affect your night cycle drastically if your plant is TOO light poisoned aside from cross gender parts, you will get shoots of growth out from your buds with NO CRYSTALS on it, its a really funky thing when you see it

just and FYI even the light from a power strip or the little light on a heater can cause hermi's some strains are more prone than others, but yes a tv or computer screen will affect your night cycle drastically if your plant is TOO light poisoned aside from cross gender parts, you will get shoots of growth out from your buds with NO CRYSTALS on it, its a really funky thing when you see it

dose it look like this?
PICT000933.JPG

U kno why we see the plants as green? They don't absorb green, they reflect it. Same reason the sky is blue and daisies are white, etc. u get the jist of it. kule-huh! Our eyes see what is reflected off of the item of color. The grass absorbs all color except green, it reflects it and our eyes see the reflected color. I still wouldn't break my dark cycle w/ a crack of lite leaking in. U can fold newspaper and fit it in the trim around your door if u have a lite leak there. Stuff a towel across the bottom of the door to the "ROOM" to avoid a lite leak there. Board up the windows from the inside. No $ needed. HAPPY GROWING, HAPPIER DARK CYCLE :rollit::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom