How Do I Apply Hydrogen Peroxide?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Hydrogen peroxide is beneficial as an addition to nutrient feeding programs at all times. It feeds the good aerobic bacteria and kills the bad anaerobic bacteria. It also introduces radical oxygen atoms which oxidize elements, making them more available for the roots to assimilate. I apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the reservoir. The plants show no visible signs of stress afterwards, which indicates that it was not an excessive application.

Sprouting Seeds: add 30ml 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. Soak the seeds overnight.
Insecticide Spray: combine 250ml 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon spray mix.
Fast growing container plants: add 30ml of 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon water.
Hydroponics: apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the nutrient reservoir.

Is it benificial to have your backup reservoir Prefilled with nutes so when you change the water from your regular reservoir they are already there ? Thanks in Advance :)

should you still apply Hydrogen Peroxide even if you flush your reservoir every week ?
Not unless you need it. Never add anything without reason. And I would never set up my reservoir more than a day ahead of time. What's a back up reservoir? Never had enough room to allow one of those.;)

Thanks for the reply Racefan :cheer: The backup reservoir is where you would store 25 or 30 gallons of RO water with no nutes for flushing every 1 or 2 weeks. Racefan, What did you mean when you said " I would never set up my reservoir more than a day ahead of time " ? :thanks: :cool:

How much is too much might be a better question. There are least a couple different percentages and mixtures used by growers.

After reading several online pages and other assorted posts I went out and bought some 35% hydrogen peroxide.

I will use on the low side because of lack of understanding so far of the whole process.

I use mine in an ebb and flow table.

what does to much do other than kill the plant? or look like?

I dont know about Hydrogen Peroxide, but I do know that a baking soda solution kills powdery mold. It worked for me.

:420:

Will peroxide work on white mold?

Yes it will, and it works very well..
1 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
4 gallons water
A big enough container .

put the plant upside down and stir it in the solution. swoosh it around for 2-5 minutes and then hit the plant with a fan. I did this with a white widow in BLOOM haha. Worked out perfect. Go to youtube and search for jorge cervantez . Dude is amazing.

To control PM get better control on the enviornment. Yep a fan helps and so does a dehumidifier but it still comes. The key is to stop it before it gets out of control.

Spider mites are easy to take care of. Just use hot shot strips....agout 1 every 3 plants...durring liughts out...with no exhaust fans running for about 8 hours...all mites will be dead. Repeate in 4-5 days.

Cona

i used it once. one of those things i read about after i already had success. I couldn't tell n e diff. but i like myco and my medium isn't to compact. only bugs i ever had came w/ fox farm soil. peed me off.:rollit::rollit::loopy:

I have done top watering hydrogen peroxide flush for algae & what not, not sure of the results. It would be a lot easier for me to just add to reservoir but a few people has said they do not know the reaction with the nutes so that is why they don't do it. Using GH's system for nutes. Also I am unsure if I can use hydrogen peroxide in res with a clearex type solution to reduce salt build up as well in res?

Also my understanding of Hydrogen Peroxide is it will kill everything, so if you are doing any other type of flush for bugs in the tables for hydro it would kill those active ingredients as well. Thanks

I feed my plants 1.5 ml/gal of 29% H2O2 (as per instructions on bottle) every second time I water my plants, they love it, and are thriving. I'm using a Hydroponic/DWC system with a 15 gal reservoir. I just add the H2O2 right into the rez when I top up the water lvls. Helps keep root rot and root mites at bay and the plants love the extra oxygen. You can buy 29-35% food grade hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) at your local hydroponic store. You cannot use H2O2 with organic nutrients (dark brown stinky stuff) as it will kill the organic material in the nutrients. You can only use synthetic nutrients (clear or clear colored liquids, not stinky) with H2O2.

The Girls. 2 plant scrog. Master Kush on the left and a White widow on the right, day 8 of flower.
IMG_15786.JPG

IMG_158514.JPG

Stay medicated my friends;)

Back
Top Bottom