Bunzboy's Flora Feeding Schedule for Soil Growers.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
This feeding schedule will help you on your new adventure of growing high quality marijuana. These ratios are based on a medium consisting of a semi-soilless mix of 1/3 Super Soil (a generic soil brand from Home Depot), 1/3 perlite & 1/3 vermiculite. Supersoil contains no nutrients, so if using a different brand w/ nutrients adjust your fert amounts accordingly. With a soilless mix, approximately 1/4 of the water going in has to be runoff, to wash out the salts from the last watering & any build-ups. It is very important to check the PH of your runoff water also. For example, if it is going in at 6.2 and the runoff is 6.8, you have a salt build-up and have to flush your plants w/ PH adjusted water & then check runoff. This is very important, because at higher or lower PH levels plants will take in more or less of some nutrients. Use good quality water with a PPM of less then 150. When using GH Flora series always mix your micro first, stir well, then add your grow, stir well, then your bloom, again stirring well. Failure to mix your micro first will result in certain nutrients being locked out & unavailable to the plant. Measurements are given in teaspoons per gallon using GH Flora series.

SEEDLINGS (Day 1 - 14)
During this stage your plants need no nutrients. Plants have enough energy stored to last them roughly 2 weeks. I've seen many grows ruined because people killed their plants during this period.

VEGETATIVE GROWTH (Day 15 - 45)
Early - 1 tsp (5ml) each - micro , grow & bloom. Adjust PH to 6.2
Middle - 1 1/4 tsp (6.25 ml) micro, 1 1/4 tsp grow, 1 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.2
Late - 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) micro, 1 1/2 tsp grow, 1 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.2

FLOWERING (Day 46 — 106, more or less depending on strain)
Early - 1 1/2 tsp micro, 1 tsp grow, 1 1/2 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.2
Middle - 1 3/4 tsp (8.75 ml) micro, 3/4 tsp (3.75 ml) grow, 1 3/4 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.3
Late - 2 tsp (10ml) micro, 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) grow, 2 tsp bloom. Adjust PH to 6.3
Later - 2 1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) micro, 1/2 tsp grow, 3 tsp (15 ml) bloom. Adjust PH to 6.4

Always remember to water your plants w/ plain PH adjusted water the last 2 weeks to wash out any built up salts & to try & reduce the chemical taste that unused ferts leave behind in the weed. The plants used in this example were grown using a 400 watt HPS. If you use this information & have good genetics, I guarantee you will have a good amount of high quality weed in 3 1/2 months. Peace

I am quite confused
I thought you weren't supposed to give cannabis plants bloom during veg phase
and I thought you weren't supposed to give them grow during flowering phase
Can you explain or clarify please?

I am quite confused
I thought you weren't supposed to give cannabis plants bloom during veg phase
and I thought you weren't supposed to give them grow during flowering phase
Can you explain or clarify please?

Well, technically, he's not. GH Flora is a 3-part nutrient system with which one can mix up different feeds according to the ratios he uses. The Bloom by itself is not a flowering nutrient. The Grow by itself is not a vegetative nutrient.

It's like saying that you're not supposed to have dessert before the main course. That is mostly-accepted. But it does not preclude serving a main course that has sugar (a component that is used in most desserts) in it.

But yes, your statement is correct, sort of. Were you to switch the listed schedules so that you were feeding the listed early/middle/late/later flowering mixes while in vegetative growth, and the early/middle/late vegetative mixes while in flower, you in all likelihood would not be satisfied with your results come harvest time (if you got that far with such a schedule).

All the decent hydro nutrient recipes that I've seen (and more than a couple soil ones) are made up of different parts that the farmer can mix at different ratios to custom-tailor each feed (or reservoir). Some will have multiple parts for vegetative and other multiple parts for flowering - although I've wondered how much variation there is between the two sets, IOW, whether one could mix/match if he knew the ingredients/strengths of each - while some simply have one set for the entire process.

Might be better if you think of General Hydroponics Flora nutrients Flora Part A, Flora Part B, and Flora Part C instead of Micro, Grow, and Bloom.

Also, a million years ago (statutes of limitations:grinjoint:) when I was growing in Scrog setups, I got the impression that when I used a bit more Bloom early that I ended up with stems that were much more flexible and less prone to breakage when I was training the plants (and healthier plants overall). And as I did not like adding pH adjusters that weren't part of my feed regimen, I found that I could add a bit of Bloom (pretty sure it was Bloom, would have to make the journey into the deep bunker to check my notes to be positive) while topping off the reservoir and the pH would be right back where I wanted it to be. I thought at the time, "Gee, they must have used some of the Bloom if adding it back corrected things." Still think that.

Oh, and then there's the Lucas formula which doesn't use the GH Flora Grow component at any time during the process.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for that Torturedsoul :)

Well, technically, he's not. GH Flora is a 3-part nutrient system with which one can mix up different feeds according to the ratios he uses. The Bloom by itself is not a flowering nutrient. The Grow by itself is not a vegetative nutrient.

It's like saying that you're not supposed to have dessert before the main course. That is mostly-accepted. But it does not preclude serving a main course that has sugar (a component that is used in most desserts) in it.

But yes, your statement is correct, sort of. Were you to switch the listed schedules so that you were feeding the listed early/middle/late/later flowering mixes while in vegetative growth, and the early/middle/late vegetative mixes while in flower, you in all likelihood would not be satisfied with your results come harvest time (if you got that far with such a schedule).

All the decent hydro nutrient recipes that I've seen (and more than a couple soil ones) are made up of different parts that the farmer can mix at different ratios to custom-tailor each feed (or reservoir). Some will have multiple parts for vegetative and other multiple parts for flowering - although I've wondered how much variation there is between the two sets, IOW, whether one could mix/match if he knew the ingredients/strengths of each - while some simply have one set for the entire process.

Might be better if you think of General Hydroponics Flora nutrients Flora Part A, Flora Part B, and Flora Part C instead of Micro, Grow, and Bloom.

Also, a million years ago (statutes of limitations:grinjoint:) when I was growing in Scrog setups, I got the impression that when I used a bit more Bloom early that I ended up with stems that were much more flexible and less prone to breakage when I was training the plants (and healthier plants overall). And as I did not like adding pH adjusters that weren't part of my feed regimen, I found that I could add a bit of Bloom (pretty sure it was Bloom, would have to make the journey into the deep bunker to check my notes to be positive) while topping off the reservoir and the pH would be right back where I wanted it to be. I thought at the time, "Gee, they must have used some of the Bloom if adding it back corrected things." Still think that.

Oh, and then there's the Lucas formula which doesn't use the GH Flora Grow component at any time during the process.

Hope that helps!

Or to be precise these feeding rates are actually coverig at a lighter and stronger dose of the base nutrient profile of cannabis which is 100n 100p 200k 60mg which is to say when you plant is entering flower or at the end of veg by this time you should be more then likely feedig a combiation of the 3 flora product or makig life easy and using a mix of 8ml micro 16ml bloom /gal which will be well within the nutrient profile , so using maxibloom at around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 tsp/gal will also meet this profile and of course for a plant recieving first feeding 1/4 strenght next feeding icrease to 1/2 by the fourth feedig your plants should be able to handle 1 1/2 tsp /gal plus an additive of liquid coolbloom starting at 5ml per gal and icrease by 5ml per feeding up to 10 maybe 15 if you brave. Now this formula wont create the most potent or bigest yielding but it will create a decent crop of nice dank which compared to the commercial pot around here will kick you but. The one thing that does make sense to me however that cannabis is a flowering plant and feeind it bloom nutrients all the awy upi and during flowering should provide good results as this is the same nute my mother uses on her rose bushes

I've read so much I can't always keep things straight, so here I am double checking. I remember reading that you are supposed to alternate between straight water and fertilizer every other watering. Does that hold true when following this schedule? It doesn't specifically say so, so I wanted to verify and not just assume so. I'm using GH products for the first time, I had only ever used miracle grow type powders before.

I have the same question as micro.I just bought the gh flora series (micro, gro, and bloom) and was wondering should you water between every feeding because the last firts I had was the (bc boost, grow, bloom, thrive alive b1 and awsome blossom, sugar daddy, calmag) and it said to feed then water, water, feed so I was wondering do you follow the same regiment because it does not say anything about this in the directions and seems to me if you don't water between feeding you will over fertilize any answers will be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom