The imposter ladybug

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
The Imposter
There is a similar, common species of beetle that is a pest, called the Mexican bean beetle. It is very easy to distinguish. Adults have eight black spots on each wing cover. The larvae are also very distinctive, and shouldn't be mistaken for predaceous larvae, because they have large forked spines across their backside. To erradicate this pest use a permethrin based spray on both the foliage and soil.

mbb.gif

mmb2.jpg

The Real thing.
Ladybugs, or lady beetles, are a very beneficial group of insects; a single lady beetle may consume as many as 5,000 aphids in its lifetime. Lady beetle adults have a very characteristic convex, hemispherical to oval body shape. The head is covered by a hood called the pronotum. Many species of lady beetles are present in Kentucky. They may be white, yellow, pink, orange, red or black, and usually have spots. Like many of the brightly-colored insects, ladybugs are distasteful to predators. When disturbed, they may secrete an odorous fluid out of their joints to warn enemies of their distastefulness.
ladybug.gif

aww ladybirds (as we call them) are about the cutest bugs I think. If I add some to the grow room to prevent pests and there are no pests, I presume I would be just starving them to death

aww ladybirds (as we call them) are about the cutest bugs I think. If I add some to the grow room to prevent pests and there are no pests, I presume I would be just starving them to death

Ya sometimes they die they need water to. Aza max works:rip:bad bugs

Yeah, that's a good point.

If there are no pests, then the ladybugs (or whatever they are) would just die off. Or they'd go somewhere else to find food and nourishment.

Gotta watch out for this bug.......

Back
Top Bottom