How can I stop the smell of my smoking?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
The Phantom Smoke-Eater
How can I stop the smell of my smoking? Must be quick, easy and reliable...> The Phantom Smoke-Eater. This DIY anti-smell smoking device is useful for removing any telltale smoking smells.

Advantage: EASY to make and VERY RELIABLE!

YOU WILL NEED
# Scissors
# A sock
# A plastic bottle (at least 600ml, can be up to 2L)
# Box(s) of dryer sheets (also called bounce sheets)

STEP 1.
Cut the base off the bottle.

STEP 2.
Stuff the bottle with AS MANY dryer sheets as can be fitted.
As a rule of thumb, 25 sheets should fit a 600ml bottle. Obviously, a 2L bottle will require a few more boxes of sheets. Fit as many sheets as you can! Go nuts!

STEP 3.
Place the sock over the bottle, starting at the base of the bottle so that only the mouth-piece is poking out the top of the sock. This prevents the particles from the sheets making a mess and adding to the stealth, as the freshly smelling particles don't escape and can still help filter smoke even when stuck on the inside of the sock. The sock also stops the bounce sheets from blowing out the bottom of the pop bottle.

STEP 4.
Take a hit of weed (its better than you use a 'single hitter' like a bong, or a smoke-less pipe) and blow the smoke from your lungs, into the mouth-piece of the smoke-eater. Smoke will come out the other end... DONT WORRY! this smoke smells sweet, like newly dried clothes (funny that)!!

AND YOU ARE DONE!

**I also recommend spraying some Odor Neutralizing spray to mask any escaping bong odors that might linger.

I would also recommend water curing the weed. I use this method in a building that is very hard on pot smokers and no one has ever had any idea I'm a smoker. Even when they come into my unit literally as I'm stuffing my bong behind the arm chair. However I also run a carbon filter and fan free standing in my smoking room. Between them zero smell within a minute of the last exhale.

I don't advocate the bounce dryer sheet method though. A while ago I worked in the custodial industry (lots of money in selling commercial cleaning chemicals, nasty stuff though) and one of the little things you learn in that industry is that bounce dryer sheets are so nasty toxic even a cockroach will go around one rather than over one. People stuff them around vents to keep insects away, and it's not cause the bugs don't love the spring time scent. It's cause THEY know dangerous chemicals. I wouldn't put one near my face. If you do use this method, please ONLY exhale through them, don't inhale. : )

Happy tokin!:popcorn:

Anyway, my 2 cents.

.......I don't advocate the bounce dryer sheet method though. A while ago I worked in the custodial industry (lots of money in selling commercial cleaning chemicals, nasty stuff though) and one of the little things you learn in that industry is that bounce dryer sheets are so nasty toxic even a cockroach will go around one rather than over one. People stuff them around vents to keep insects away, and it's not cause the bugs don't love the spring time scent. It's cause THEY know dangerous chemicals. I wouldn't put one near my face. If you do use this method, please ONLY exhale through them, don't inhale. : )

Happy tokin!:popcorn:

Anyway, my 2 cents.

they're great to use for keeping pests away when camping. its easier to enjoy getting stoned when your pest free (i'm on topic).

thanks dude! that sounds like a perty good idea....so how do i do it? :)

i miss the excitement i use to get trying to hide my bloodshot eyes and munchies from my parents everyday.. just walking in and going straight to my room.. ahahahah the good ole days..

heres the correct quote

I would also recommend water curing the weed. I use this method in a building that is very hard on pot smokers and no one has ever had any idea I'm a smoker. Even when they come into my unit literally as I'm stuffing my bong behind the arm chair. However I also run a carbon filter and fan free standing in my smoking room. Between them zero smell within a minute of the last exhale.

ok, so how do i cure weed?

well if u just take tiny hits and blow it thru a toilot paper roll stuffed with dryer sheets does the trick it doesnt smell like weed but if ur stash is strong enough the smell does kinda have a realy weird funk to it

why go thru all that hassle
just take a walk outside and smoke

when i was younger we had no where to smoke and wed just ''go for slurpees'' and smoke

or we would get our backpacks and put hella colonge in it and sit at the buss stop with the bag in front of us and just toke away behind our book bags lol

heres the correct quote

curing took a min for me to fully under stand

u dont want it to dry out fast thats bad and not curing

curing is like letting the moisture dry very slow

thats why they talk about humidity levels in a dry room because u dont want it to just plainly dry u want it to dry with moisture

the tricky part is keeping moisture levels under control and not going so overboard as to cause mold

see and where u live plays a huge part more then alot of ppl realize like vegas is so dry of a climate u wouldnt realize how there no moisture in the air so for ppl in dry climates curing would be better done in a very controlled setting like a box or cardboard tv box setup with a humidifyer that u kick on a few times a day and has flap for opening and closing ventalation

,,, ok the reason why is the plant nastyness the harsh smoke , u want to cure that out of the buds

thats why anytype of fast drying is ussly crap and doing that will decress ur potency and u most likley will not have much smell or good taste infact it will taste like ''planty''

anyways 2 weeks min for a ok cure u can put em hanging and then into jars
if u smell too strong of an amonia smell could mean it has a day -3 before mold trys to come just let dry more if that happens then re-jar and set in cool dark place

u want dark because u dont want the plant trying to strive to live still and converting the plant material and eating the thc .... and never put buds right into the freezer if they are moist at all water will expand and break the cell walls of the buds and really ruin the overall potency as well

dry ice drying is too much work and no if any results are worth it plus its cost big money to get

u can cure with like some orange peel in the jar but take it out every now and then and put it back in cause it promots mold fast

ps dont try it with carmel extract i did and it was sucky lol

but thats the main thing i think ppl dont get right away is the humidity levels are important cause u want to dry it slowly in damp air in the dark

as is cures in the jars it will build up gasses as it converts into thc from i think its cbm and other things some ppl just leave it other will open and let these gasses out but either way its good to ''burp'' the jars to let moisture out every now and then

u wont see a change most the time and a smell sometimes till the end of the cure cause thiers two aspects of the chemicals that make the smell and taste being the flaviniods , keep in mind just cuz it doesnt smell doesnt mean ur not going to get high off of it either

hope i helped

ive made this anti smell thing before..except we used a toilet paper roll (the cardboard part in the center) instead of a bottle.

we called it "the doob tube"

heres the correct quote

What I'm talking about is WATER CURING which is different than regular jar curing. Jar curing produces a good result in the terms of taste and smoothness of smoke, but the smoke itself still smells like ganja.

Water curing removes most of the smell but also removes most of the taste. This I don't mind personally because I was never a fan of the taste as much as the effects.

Anyway, water curing, the short and quick:

1) You need something to cure in. To meet your curing needs it should be something that can hold the weed under the surface of the water but still leave the surface exposed. I use a 2 Liter coke bottle (washed), I cut the top off right after it's flared out (to form the body of the bottle), take the top and cut a bunch of holes or slits in it.

2) Put some buds in the bottom of the bottle, figure you need 4 times as much water as bud. If your buds are already dried they will plump back up and if they're fresh off the plant, they won't. :smokin:

3) Invert the decapitated bottle top and press it snugly into the top of the bottle. It'll look funny but the fit is nice and secure. Be careful, I've actually pushed a bottle top in so far I had to cut the whole contraption apart to get it back out. Snug..

4) Fill the contraption with the purest water you can get, Distilled, RO or even Brita. Fill to nearly the top, you'll notice the buds float up but are held under the water by the bottle top but the surface of the water is exposed (to let the nasties evaporate).​

After this point it's really simple, I change it the first time at 12 hours, just pour the water out, the bottle top will stay snugged inside, refill. Then after that I change the water every 24 hours for 6-7 days. For the most part my water starts nasty and get's clearer and clearer each day. As the weed get's water logged it'll start to sink down as well. It's important to try and agitate the weed as little as possible. There is undoubtably some tric's lost but no more than you'd loose handling the buds.

Once done I pour the last of the water out, stick my hand in and hook my finger through the bottle opening (I leave the cap off just for this purpose) and pull the inverted top back out, pour the buds and remaining water out on a towel. Drying them is up to you, I have a window fan that I lay flat, set to exhaust and then simply place my buds over the fan grill. 12-24 hrs later they're bone dry and ready to smoke.

Again, this is how I deal with the smell issue. I will warn you now (again) that this will do in the taste of your bud. If you love the taste then you may wanna consider the dryersheets. Also the dryersheets are a quick and easy method, water curing is something you have to plan for. Since it's the ONLY way I can smoke it I have no problems.

Good luck!!

:roorrip:

so the weed becomes tasteless as well?

if it becomes smell-less than that will come in handy for those of use who take "cigarette breaks"

percentage wise, how much of the normal ganja smell would you say it takes away?

This is An very Tried and True method indeed.
Based on the old " spray a paper towel sheet and stick it in a empty roll" trick.
Over the years i made different 1's for the office.
I noticed ppl taking about possible chemicals in the dryer sheets.
this is true. but not harmful, just annoying to smell after a while.
Try this Carbon Bottle method
*will require a trip to the pet/ fish shop
U W N
1-regular16-22oz soda/water bottle
1-refill aquarium cotton (small pack * it only takes a like bit, so try to get some for free if u can)
1- small container of (active) carbon
1-clear plastic hose about 1 inch thick, no more then 1 foot long
a blade and good olde fashion duct tape :)

OK Here we Go
1. with the blade very carefully cut a small hole in the bottom of the bottle.
(It should be no bigger than the cap)

2. Take small thin piece of cotton place in the bottle from the top (mouth) of the bottle. Push it to the bottom with a pen. This layer should be fairly thin and breathable(but not too thin)
* at this point u can add a dryer sheet if so inclined

3. Now pour carbon in bottle. a little over half a cup is a good amount

4. Add another small piece of cotton, pack in hard. Add another very small ripped piece pack in soft, leaving only about 20% freespace in the bottle.
*this space can be used for a paper towel sheet, another dryer sheet,or nothing

5. Tape on hole

6. exhale :)

This is freakin awesome!! I live around alot of nosey people and this actually worked! It eliminated the smell except for what came off the bong but let me tell you it wasn't nearly as much of a smell then usual. Thx!!

Which one worked? I learned the water cure over at icmag but several people over there do it and swear by it. I myself have done it many times and have good results. I knew a guy who used to stick a vaccum hose out his window, but he still got busted, his neighbors could still smell it and lets face it, how can you explain a smoking vacuum hose hanging out your window?

The carbon filter idea is an excellent one. I have no idea how effective it is, but I am thinking of doing some experimentation!

Indicana

This is freakin awesome!! I live around alot of nosey people and this actually worked! It eliminated the smell except for what came off the bong but let me tell you it wasn't nearly as much of a smell then usual. Thx!!

You can try the undercover smoking bottle

step_1_ relax, chew some gum... no really. chew some Gum...
*NOW! lol

_2_Simply cut small hole in the cap of a pint size water bottle:Rasta:
*even if you do a bad job it should look like a F'd-Up triangle:popcorn:<you} lol :) :/ :p

_2_ Push in a snugg fitting straw and pull it thourgh:surf:
_3_ seal with chewing gum or some kind of putty or clay:cool:
_4_ cut straw to size (as if you were drinking it):popcorn::slide::popcorn: lol :)
i love this place
_5_ *SlowLY& CAReFuLLy burn a tiny hole at the end of the bottle
* this will serve as the vent ;)
_6_ place FattyB.B or Blunt :ganjamon: inside the straw
_7_ Spark spark close EnJoY:grinjoint:-

Water curing is awesome for all stealth purposes. (provided you don't mind losing the taste/smell.) i do it to all the dirt-shwag i get to get rid of all the fertilizer residue and excess chlorophyll that gets left behind because no one bothers to flush/cure shwag. Yes, you will lose almost all taste and smell (depending on the batch) but that's a great thing if it tasted horrible in the first place or you really need extra discretion when smoking in inhabited areas. i've smoked a water-cured joint while walking down a crowded street and no one looked my way once. It also makes the smoke feel super-smooth and earily light. A massive improvement to most shwag IMO.

https://www.greenpassion.org/f21/water-cure-threads-compiled-11835/

Back
Top Bottom