Seeking News Hawks and Moderators

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a few passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Forums, and other area as assigned, are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing. (Volunteer/Intern Position)

We are looking for a serious and responsible person(s) for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required but is preferred. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines with a kind demeanor.

New Hawk: Description
Scours the net for the latest and most important 420 related information. Ensures proper citation, credit, and formatting. Posts, monitors, and participates in 420 news related discussions. (Volunteer Position)

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis. You will need to demonstrate that you can, and will, work as part of our mature and dynamic team. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a reviewable and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time;)

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread.

:cheer: Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene :cheer:

:thanks:

You guys are awesome !! You mods keep this a wonderfull experience for all of the regs here and especially the nubes !! This is an adult site thanks to the work you guys do I just wanted to say thanks !! I stopped on another site (from a link) and it was FULL of smart assed kids with no oversite what a wasted amount of time and space .Thanks agin for keeping this an A-1 site !! :peace:

Now.. now.. just giving credit where it's due...you should check out some of those other sites really bad, nothing but smart assed kids with nothing helpfull to say a lot of swearing name calling etc... I'm here to stay .. plus it's cheap insurance !! lol :peace:

You can count on Me to continue to submit news to 420Magazine on a regular basis.

I hope that this site will soon see even more progress towards this very important goal that we have taken on and that our Brothers (Props to YOU Big Head you know who you are if you see this) and Sisters in jail for Cannabis Causes will be FREED!

Hi,

I would be interested in assisting the 420 magazine with either News Articles or Moderating. I have done both at a few sites across the web. Give me a jingle when your available.

BusaBudz

Now.. now.. just giving credit where it's due...you should check out some of those other sites really bad, nothing but smart assed kids with nothing helpfull to say a lot of swearing name calling etc... I'm here to stay .. plus it's cheap insurance !! lol :peace:

I've visited a few and find I am in agreement with you Ol hippy. I don't even remember how I found this site just serfing one day and ran across the mag. I guess. There is so much going on here as far as promoting quality crops that any other site would have to develope one heckuva brain trust to match the knowledge available here.

I've visited a few and find I am in agreement with you Ol hippy. I don't even remember how I found this site just serfing one day and ran across the mag. I guess. There is so much going on here as far as promoting quality crops that any other site would have to develope one heckuva brain trust to match the knowledge available here.

I was shocked to find all the info on leds here ! You never know whats going on here and then all of a sudden new stuff starts comming at you !! I'm over loaded with info and now I'll have to sort it out ! I really would love to try one of those leds for my new grow ! Less heat is great this time of year!! I was on another site for a while and it got pretty crappy , Roseman was there and he pmd me about this site and I found a home !! :peace:

I have in the past posted articles I've found in Montana newspapers online, and with some guidance from Soniq420 I've managed to figure out how to credit them properly to their source and writer.
I'll continue to do so as time allows, but I'm not in a position to consider a position as a news hawk
not that anyone asked.... :smokin:

Thanks for the positive energy everyone and thanks for the offer BusaBudz!

Please stick around for a while and inquire in our next election, as we need to have some posting history prior to joining our team.

Anyone else been thinking about joining the 420 Magazine team?

It's time to get involved and do something for our cause folks, now is your chance.

Who's next?

Realistically, what do you see as the minimum daily & weekly time required for a site moderator here? Understanding that such time would be in addition to one's regular activities at the site.

Regular visits are the most important part of the commitment ;)

Good communication; letting the team know when you can't be around or a few days is appreciated.

For Moderating, an hour a day at least 5-6 days a week on average, is probably the minimum time making it worthwhile to train.

For Newshawking 3 days a week, an hour at a time would be excellent. The idea here is to share the load in making sure we have the most current news being updated regularly. It's a team thing where you'd be sharing the load.

We prefer members start in a non-moderator staff position such as Newshawk, Grow Support, or Hospitality Team and only take on moderation after they've been through the policies for a while.

Great question :surf:

Please, only established members who have a reviewable and violation-free post history need apply.

That probably means a DQ for me then, huh?

That, or... Well, you didn't actually come right out and state that an applicant has to be certifiably-sane 100% of the time, lol.

I think the site needs some additional door greeters (Hospitality Team) and soon too. I haven't seen THE WEED in over a week and the new members in INTRODUCE YOURSELF need to be greeted with LINKs to the most helpful info.

I wish I could add more helpful LINKs in my signature for the newbies here.

I wish I could add more helpful LINKs in my signature for the newbies here.

YES! There are so many "must-reads" at this site that it can be a challenge deciding exactly how much to include. But certainly a tiny amount more than there is space for.

Now I understand that you cannot give unlimited .SIG space for all 55,000 members. But is there a way to increase the size-limit for the staff members here? And maybe for our more recognized people, such as Roseman, PitViper, and a few others? To keep people from getting upset, you could limit it to, I don't know, say... the top ten highest REPped people or something? That way it wouldn't be a case of you (staff) picking your favorites to give something to, but rather it would be an award to the site's favorites.

I don't know if that's something that can easily be done, though.

That probably means a DQ for me then, huh?

That, or... Well, you didn't actually come right out and state that an applicant has to be certifiably-sane 100% of the time, lol.

Ive been banned myself.....I guess I dont qualify lol. I try to greet but I have alot of growing going on as well as my threads...Rob and Soniq know I would do it in a second if I didnt have the current things going on..

hey guys,

I haven't been here for a full year yet as a poster but I have been a long time lurker. As I'm sure you've noticed I'm also here A lot and I wouldn't mind picking up a few responsibilities around here if you'd like. what ever I can do to help the site just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom