Seeking News Hawks and Moderators

Founder
Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a few passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Forums, and other area as assigned, are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing. (Volunteer/Intern Position)

We are looking for a serious and responsible person(s) for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required but is preferred. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines with a kind demeanor.

New Hawk: Description
Scours the net for the latest and most important 420 related information. Ensures proper citation, credit, and formatting. Posts, monitors, and participates in 420 news related discussions. (Volunteer Position)

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis. You will need to demonstrate that you can, and will, work as part of our mature and dynamic team. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a reviewable and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time;)

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread.

:cheer: Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene :cheer:

:thanks: :Namaste:

Re: 420 Magazine Seeking News Hawks and Moderators

would love to do my part for the :420: community, not been here long so il keep my eyes peeled for next time

keep up the good work

:thanks:

HappyKitty is taking a 3-6 month medical leave of absence, which brings us down to Be Irie and Julie Gardener, so we need to expand our team again.
How many mods are currently on staff?

At least a couple hours a day, hopefully more. Some of us spend 12-18 hours a day here, 7 days a week.
Also, what is the average time commitment that you are looking for?

Well for one, you get an opportunity to be a part of, and give back to, a serious, passionate, dedicated mission of pioneers, who have been paving the way for the international Cannabis movement for almost 20 years. We don't have cookies and milk here and your hardest job won't be rolling joints for the boss. This is a serious mission to educate the world so that we can end these laws, once and for all. You get self satisfaction for being a part of something so important and beneficial to our planet and our people.
What are the benefits of being a mod, as opposed to just a contributing member of the site?

This job is not for everyone, as we've seen more than a hundred volunteers come and go over the last 20 years. A majority of them want 420 Magazine business cards so they can be cool with their friends. Some come just to make contacts and use use us as a stepping stone. Regardless of all our obstacles, we've remained focus, determined and have always had our sight on the goal. This has never changed and never will. Please come join us and be part of the victorious team that crosses the finish line of this worldwide war on a plant, once and for all. :thanks:
:Namaste:

Hey 420,

Throw my hat in the ring. I've only been a member for a year and more of my posts are problems as opposed to problem solving, but I come from the professional online poker industry and am very well versed in modding because of that.

I haven't modded at the sites I frequent, but am very good friends with a couple top mods of very very large sites and know the effort required.

If I don't have the posts to back me up, then I'll toss my hat in next time.

Thanks.

:peace:

I'm not looking to become a newshawk because too many of my post have been edited due to language, racist terminology(only about my race though), and a graphic description of Mexican cartel tactics, but I will thank applegirl for asking a question that I and I'm sure a lot of you wanted the answer to. I'd do it for free.

Thanks for all the submissions everyone, we are truly grateful and will be going one on one with everyone over the next week to see who may be a good fit for our team. :cheer:

Meanwhile, if you think your time has come to help our mission reach the finish line, please throw your name in the hat now. :thanks:

I have been lurking here on 420Mag since 2006!! I also have been in the "head shop" industry for 7 years. This counter culture is my life and passion. Also, news! I love to know what is going on in the world! Both of them together? Oh man! Please consider me for this position! Thanks!

I had been sending some NewsHawk articles specific to Hawaii to Jim...so, who do I send them to now...

Some I items I just posted in the Hawaii section, but for the ones to be posted in the main forum, who is the go to person?

I usually send the same articles to Drug Sense, and sometimes a local organization or two.

Gotcha covered brother, thought you were applying for the News Hawk position. ;)

Please always send news to news@420magazine.com
:thanks: :Namaste:

I had been sending some NewsHawk articles specific to Hawaii to Jim...so, who do I send them to now...

Some I items I just posted in the Hawaii section, but for the ones to be posted in the main forum, who is the go to person?

I usually send the same articles to Drug Sense, and sometimes a local organization or two.

I'd be happy to be a News Hawk from Washington State.

Very little news regarding Washington is showing up on your site. Google "steve sarich medical marijuana" and you'll know that I've been on the forefront here in Washington state.

Best...

Steve Sarich
CannaCare
206-612-9044
steve@cannacare.org

I have been using cannabis for 45 years, since vietnam. I primarily used it to deal with the daily stress of life, i.e. Working, marriage,
raising children as a single father. I owned a federally licensed international company based in los angeles with 56 office worldwide. Cannabis is the only drug i have ever used, other than prescription drugs, which i now use in abundance. The federal government and myself have had a hate love relationship for 40 years. Many times i represented the feds and many times i fought them because of the type of business i ran. Seven year ago i became ill. My illness stemmed from the contraction of lyme dis. Injuries received during the vietnam war returned; i.e.; broken neck, 3 skull fractures, broken leg, broken arm (all injuries occuring sat the same time. My current problems consist of; spinal cord damage, glaucoma, cataracs (now surgerically removed), arthritis, severe kidney problems (5 operations, no problems now), many other problems and the worst problem of all;
drugs i take now and the many many drugs i have taken previously as prescribed by doctors. I have primarily been treated at three va hospitals, which in itself is a medical problem. There three main reasons i have not posted in the past: I am and have been treated by the va, ramifications are substantial, however unlike everyone else, i do not fear the govt., for the last seven year i have been unable to see. I can now see well, but i am still dealing with glaucoma, i have been too ill in the past to do anything. In my personal opinion, i know the american federal govt, as well as anyone, if not better. I did not mention previously, my background is legal, and i have had many battles with the feds, i.e.; central america, russia, many 3rd world countries. I am convinced that a much more serious battle is coming. I cannot function or exist without utilizing cannabis for my medical problems, primarily pain.
Three months ago i was able to get off of opiates. In regards to opiates; it should be noted: Last year the commnading officer (general) was busted for using 600mg of oxycodone daily. The only reason i was able to do this was cannabis. The only reason i am able to cope with pain, nausea, and depression, which surely comes with severe illness. It has been especially difficult for me to be disabled due the the fact i was a member of the u.s. Ski team, and u.s.. Tract team. I also worked at ski resorts worldwide in the search and rescue business. If cannabis is taken away from me by the u.s. Federal government i will die. It will be and is my intention to fight to stay alive and do it with no addiction to prescription drugs, which in reality do nothing for the problems they are prescribed for, and substantially increase the medical problems and create new problems medical problems and conditions. Last the last time i fought back against the u.s. Govt. Was after my exp. In vietnam. That went well. The time has come again.

Thanks for your support guys! :adore:

My work load has quadrupled over the last few weeks, slowly getting to everyone and am grateful for your patience and understanding. :thanks:

If there is anyone else who would like to join our mission, we have enough work for a hundred people literally, so please bring it on. :cheer:

High guys/gals

Just got this new comp today and would love to get back involved with our mission.

Some of y'all might remember me as Jimbo but for the ones who don't, I was a mod here for a short time about a year and a half (or so) ago and I truly felt like family here at the mag.

Back then I was working with an old/outdated comp until one day it finally crashed and burned leaving me with no way of getting back here to do my job.

I don't think I'll have that problem again with this new Toshiba vision 4GB laptop so if y'all still need my help, I'm ready to get some souls stirred up about canna activism and bring some of my old southern passion back to the mag.

:peace: guys, see y'all soon :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom