Seeking Forum Moderators - Paid Position

Founder
Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a few passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Forums, and other area as assigned, are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing.

We are looking for a serious and responsible person(s) for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required but is preferred. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines with a kind demeanor.

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis. You will need to demonstrate that you can, and will, work as part of our mature and dynamic team. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a reviewable and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time. ;)

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread.

:cheer: Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene :cheer:

:thanks: :Namaste:

I have a question,

Please, only established members who have a reviewable and violation-free post history need apply.

Is there any leeway on this? The reason I ask is because I had violated I think at least one rule about seeds back when I first joined. Will this be held against me?

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines with a kind demeanor.

I think I have those qualities plus a great sense of humor. Laughter is great medicine especially if someone is having a crappy day.

Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

Preferred but is it mandatory? I think I will have a year here in August. I am usually here on a daily basis. And I think my post history is kinda good, over 1500. I guess what I am trying to say is that I would like to give back to the forums what it has given to me. Which was kindness, understanding, and patience, and of course knowledge.

Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene

I would very much like to and I feel getting the job as a moderator would be the start of achieving this...I hope this qualifies as an application.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time. ;)
How does one apply for this position?

Does this mean I don't qualify or are you answering Hash? And when would the next cycle be?

I would be a fool to pass up an oportunity to actually work for the community that has given me so much! Some might laugh if they heard me say that this place has changed my life, but I don't care...The place you've created has literally changed the world in a way, and for the better. I'd be honored to have a chance to participate in staff activities.
I spend a great deal of time here, and I believe my membership has remained violation free.
If 420 Magazine would be willing to have me, I would love to further discuss all that is required of the position.
Thank you for your consideration.:Namaste:

I am seeking to be a moderator at 420Magazine because I believe that with a good moderation team, we at 420 Magazine can help solve many of the growers biggest challenges, including where to start when growing, sustainable marijuana crops and nutrient supplies and economic growth with both hydro and soil. Let me show you how i can be an asset to the team.

May i also add that i have been a member for going on 6 years now, and i am on this website every day for at least 4 hours. Pretty much when im not at work im on this website and i only work 30-35 hours a week so i have plenty of free time to help keep the forums clean. And i still try to keep the forums clean even though i am not a moderator, i have also been trying to clean up my act lately not using profanity and trying to use correct punctuation. I believe i could help you guys out a great deal
Thanks!

I think queen and bike would make awesome mods as they have helped out many on :420: and know their stuff good luck

Thanks Papa. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I think all of us would make great mods. It would be great if we all got the job, wouldn't it?:love: I think we all have love for this site and what it means to us. Like the others, I am on here everyday sometimes a few times a day. I am sure my knowledge isn't as vast as the others but I share what I have learned. Or if I don't know the answer, I find someone who does. I just enjoy helping people or having good conversations. But I also believe in giving back, this site has given me a lot.

This position sounds like a great fit for my skills and experience.

I'm someone who tirelessly works to help out newer (and sometimes more experienced) members and growers here whenever I can. I do what I can to promote our sponsors, and spend more time trying to diffuse argumentative and negative energy here than participating in it. I have great respect for the community here, and have been steadfastly loyal over the 3+ years I've been a contributing member.

I am proud of my written communication skills, posting history, lack of infractions, and have an extensive leadership background in my working career outside of 420magazine.

I have first hand knowlege of a few forms of hydroponic gardening (DWC, Ebb N Gro, Coco Coir drain to waste) and understand several others through similar methodology and just following many grow journals here. I have well documented grow experience and am a two time Member of the Month as voted by my peers. I also participate or have participated in Nug of the Month and Plant of the Month competitions, with several respectable showings. I've grown Indicas, Hybrids, Sativas and even an autoflower -- all journaled here. My threads seem to generate a fair amount of traffic, and several growers have written to tell me they modeled their own grow styles or equipment after my own.

I do have a couple of questions, at least one of which I would prefer to ask outside of the forums more privately. If you think I'd be a good candidate, I'd like to understand better the scope of the responsibilities and any further information regarding the time commitment needed (daily/weekly). Are there specific times of day, or a schedule? While it's not the foremost consideration, the compensation would be a consideration for me as well.

Thank you in advance for your consideration - I consider this place a second home, and many of the other members here a second family. I'd love to be a part of this team in a bigger way if the fit is right.

X

You have my vote,,, unfortunately it doesn't mean much and there's a good chance it could hurt you,,,,sort of like putting Sara Palin on the ticket :)

But good luck, you deserve it :thumb:

Xlr8 said:
This position sounds like a great fit for my skills and experience.

I'm someone who tirelessly works to help out newer (and sometimes more experienced) members and growers here whenever I can. I do what I can to promote our sponsors, and spend more time trying to diffuse argumentative and negative energy here than participating in it. I have great respect for the community here, and have been steadfastly loyal over the 3+ years I've been a contributing member.

I am proud of my written communication skills, posting history, lack of infractions, and have an extensive leadership background in my working career outside of 420magazine.

I have first hand knowlege of a few forms of hydroponic gardening (DWC, Ebb N Gro, Coco Coir drain to waste) and understand several others through similar methodology and just following many grow journals here. I have well documented grow experience and am a two time Member of the Month as voted by my peers. I also participate or have participated in Nug of the Month and Plant of the Month competitions, with several respectable showings. I've grown Indicas, Hybrids, Sativas and even an autoflower -- all journaled here. My threads seem to generate a fair amount of traffic, and several growers have written to tell me they modeled their own grow styles or equipment after my own.

I do have a couple of questions, at least one of which I would prefer to ask outside of the forums more privately. If you think I'd be a good candidate, I'd like to understand better the scope of the responsibilities and any further information regarding the time commitment needed (daily/weekly). Are there specific times of day, or a schedule? While it's not the foremost consideration, the compensation would be a consideration for me as well.

Thank you in advance for your consideration - I consider this place a second home, and many of the other members here a second family. I'd love to be a part of this team in a bigger way if the fit is right.

X

420, good sir, I happily withdraw my application, if there is only one position, as XLR8 is far and away a much better candidate. I would also happily accept a position if there are more than one opening, but XLR8 is a model member, and has my utmost respect!:Namaste:

420, good sir, I happily withdraw my application, if there is only one position, as XLR8 is far and away a much better candidate. I would also happily accept a position if there are more than one opening, but XLR8 is a model member, and has my utmost respect!:Namaste:

Quix, I don't know if I'm the best fit or not from 420's perspective, and there are some reasons why it might not work for me and my present life situation, either (don't get me wrong, I hope I am worthy of the opportunity and that it will work out somehow). I am flattered and appreciate your sentiment greatly, but don't withdraw your interest on my behalf, or sell yourself short. The respect goes both ways, btw.

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom