Seeking Forum Moderators to Expand Our Team - Volunteer & Paid Positions

Founder
Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a few passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Forums, and other area as assigned, are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing.

We are looking for serious and responsible people for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required however could be a plus. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines with a kind demeanor.

Please, only established members who have a review-able and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time.

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.
:Namaste:

If I might ask, other than the obvious compensation differences, what are the notable or significant differences between the volunteer and paid positions? What is the compensation range for the paid position and what are the expected/required minimum and/or typical number of hours per day/week for the volunteer and paid positions? Thanks.

Thank you for your interest ColoradoHigh, we are truly grateful.

We will investigate your posting history and get back to you in pm as soon as possible. :thanks:

If I might ask, other than the obvious compensation differences, what are the notable or significant differences between the volunteer and paid positions? What is the compensation range for the paid position and what are the expected/required minimum and/or typical number of hours per day/week for the volunteer and paid positions? Thanks.

I am also interested in knowing the answer to these questions, I understand that I have not been a member for long, but for future reference as i plan to use :420: for a long time.

How long do I have to wait for my post that were a violation to clear up of my record?

Thank you for your interest NOCO Farmer, we are truly grateful.

We will investigate your posting history and get back to you in pm as soon as possible. :thanks:

I am also interested in knowing the answer to these questions, I understand that I have not been a member for long, but for future reference as i plan to use :420: for a long time.

Thank you for your interest and support COorganics, we are truly grateful.

I know I haven't been around this forum long enough, but have tried to be active in the space, and certainly haven't picked up any violations! I would also like to know more about these opportunities, even if it is a bit early for me! Thank you!

I am not active at this time on 420 Magazine for various reasons. That said, I track the indicators of what's happening in the "War on Drugs" and the political and social implications of that "war" as well as the same for it's upcoming legalization/decriminalization in the individual states of the US. I am a forums moderator (and have been for many years) on a well known gaming site and so, wish to avoid tying the uniquity of my handle from one section of my online life to another. Even so, I would be interested in this sort of position if I can do anything to advance the liberties of those of the 420 community by spreading more information and debunking the misinformation that seems to wash around us a like a riptide of ignorance.

In addition to my current forums moderator position (volunteer) I have moderated several other forums, including one that I managed and edited for a game related site that was under my full control for over six years. Additionally, I have moderated forums on AOL as well even further back than now as well as having served many a flame war moderation during the days of BBSs. I have plenty of experience dealing with people, both good and bad and consider myself an advocate of fact and truth over belief and opinion.

I would very much appreciate an opportunity to consider this position (either paid or volunteer at this time) as long as I know the limits and extent to which I would be expected to moderate. I imagine that such a position is not that much different from moderating ANY large forums site and don't hold any illusions of what it would take to do that. As I am also a 420 advocate in voice and deed whenever possible, I think I could do this with an eye to what the 420 Magazine site would prefer in terms of that advocacy and in terms of moderating with intelligence and reason in regard to cannabis and all it's potential.

Until now, I really have no posting history and if considered, I would probably like to have a new "handle" so that my original handle doesn't get conflated with all my other online activities. I completely understand if I don't have the "weight" some of the more active members of this forum do and respect any decision you make. Until then, I would simply like the opportunity to discuss this further if you think I might make a good fit for such a position.

*(and yeah, I know how "techie" professional my missive is. It's the way I talk anyway. And I think it's more readily readable by you than my expression of interest as a former "surfer" type back in the day. Then again, my fellow "surfer" type friends always thought I was weird, but accepted me anyway.)

Very interested in this...I have been reading this 420 magazine forum for a few months now. I have 3 years of prior experience as a forum administrator. For two years I had my own forum. I would like to request information on this matter...Thank you

Respectfully
Redhorse

We are truly grateful for everyone's interest and support. :thanks:

As stated in our original post, we are looking for members with a proven posting history who show maturity, frequent site access and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. If you have not been with us for long, we have nothing to go by which unfortunately makes you ineligible. Please stick around and show us what you can do, then inquire again in the near future after establishing a posting history.

Thank you for your interest and support Spimp, we are truly grateful.

Good-luck to anybody that applies! such a shame I haven't been a member for a while, as I have a lot of experience with forums.

Maybe one day in the future :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom