420 Magazine Seeking News Hawk & News Moderator - Paid Positions

Founder
Would you like to become part of our Team?

420 Magazine is looking for a passionate and dedicated member who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the world and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for a member with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want someone who is patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

News Hawk: Description

Scours the net for the latest and most important 420 related news, events, facts and information. Ensures proper citation, credit and formatting. Posts, monitors and participates in 420 News related discussions.

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis, demonstrate that you can and will work as part of our mature and dynamic team and communicate professionally. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a review-able and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more and apply next time.

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job and please post your application in this thread.

The time has come to exercise your 420 activism gene.

:Namaste:

I would love this opportunity, but I don't think I could keep up with the amount of news. Is there a team that collaborates to form a list of news headlines which are posted or is it all up to the news hawk? If it's cut and paste type work using establishment articles and simply citing them that I can do.

I am interested but not sure if I can do coding or things like that, is that relevant. I'd also have to up my data plan. :) I would think I could dedicate a few hours a day like a part time job but basically if nothing else, it would help me immerse myself in the now and the future of Canadian cannabis culture.

If I'm out of my league, I apologize... No shame in posting my thoughts.

:idea:

I figure if noone else posts, Im hired! Hahahahahahaha.
Thanks 420, I'm sure you'll find a great candidate.

KiG :420::green_heart:Cheers

I've thought about trying to attain such a position - if/when I heave reestablished my, err... after I spend another few years "living" in the forums. But then I'd come across something newsworthy in the cannabis world, visit with the intention of mentioning it to a staff member for inclusion here - only to find that someone has already caught it (often, seemingly within minutes of the "story" breaking anywhere). I might have an idea or two kicking around my head at how I could better my news response time, but still get the impression that I'd be sort of redundant in such a position (here).

IDK if you could handle my labor rate of 24,000,000,000,000 gloms per month, either. Mostly because gloms appear to exist only within my own head :rofl: .

But I do hope that you find someone who is capable of shedding even more light on the cannabis-related issues that occur in our world. You've been rather kind to me.

Hello 420Magazine I too would like to thank Robert for his excellent news articles that were written and wish him all the best in his new endeavour.

I'll also put myself forward for the position here :thumb:

Hey, 420, how goes the search for a News Hawk? I was (mistakenly?) thinking that you were merely wanting to add to your news staff, not replace the one who seems to heretofore have done such a great job harvesting cannabis-related articles about growing, consuming, health benefits, industrial hemp, and (unfortunately) our brothers and sisters who have run afoul of those who think they know what's best for us.

Those will be big shoes to fill.

I love researching, and I am passionate about destroying the stigma of Marijuana, and educating the public on Cannabis Awareness . I believe I have all of the skills necessary; professional background in web research, design, branding and education. I have created and administered several forums in the past, and I have taught online Web Design and Internet Effective Search Classes.

I fielded the college e-mail daily in a professional and cheerful way for over a decade. I have also trained the administration and staff of two community colleges on how to update their class web sites that I created for them. I am on the site at all hours day and night and I love our community (I retired a couple years ago at 50). I've learned a lot here, and I am very grateful for it.

My only question, is it a paid position? I know myself, and I would end up dedicating myself 110%, and you would find me online at all hours of the day and night. I would need to justify my time to my family. As for myself, I would enjoy doing it anyway, as it is my passion!

Correction, I just saw the "Paid Position" in the title. My apologies. It sounds absolutely perfect for me!

Warm Regards,
PinkyGreen
:420::Namaste:

You are so sweet Shiggity! :high-five: I just love this community! It would be such an honor to be the 420 News Hawk.

I recently purchased several books on Cannabis's History and Activism. I personally lost a family member due to the propaganda in the 80's, so I am very passionate about this. I want to help the world to become Cannabis friendly, and realize how useful it is on so many fronts!

In Colorado, sales of recreational and medical marijuana brought in nearly $1 billion in 2015! Just think of how that tax money is helping the economy (schools, etc.), let alone all of the jobs it has created! That is just the beginning! :thumb:

I've been reading Mr. Celts news posts nearly everyday for a while, major thanks to Robert and best of luck in the future. If I was retired and not working full time, I certainly would apply for the position. I love news, am passionate about MM, and like to help people. Maybe in a few years!

Best Of Buds

JB

Back
Top Bottom