420 Magazine Seeking Volunteers For Spambot Patrol

Founder
We are seeking volunteers for our Spambot Patrol, to combat the dreaded spammers that have been attacking us from other countries. Please contact hr@420magazine.com with any prior experience you might have, along with your intentions for joining our team.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful. :thanks:

:Namaste:

I just do it whenever I think of it. I will use the "new posts" link, because that way I can see if a thread has any "views." If so, I assume that someone has already reported it. I also try not to report multiple posts from the same 'bot (but probably do occasionally have some repeats).

The only reason that I'm not going to attempt to formalize this by applying for the position is... time. I have threads that I like to follow, that I am already subscribed to. My list of subscribed threads with unread posts keeps growing. Because when I'm doing that new posts search, I report spambots, look for posts by new users in the introductory threads that haven't been replied to yet (so that I can do my little part in helping to welcome them to a great forum), and look for threads in general that haven't gotten much in the way of responses. AND... the hours, they just keep rolling by, lol. This forum, the activity level... is amazing! Which is great, of course.

But it can take over your life. Brother, I hope you get some really dedicated people. I just hope that they realize that there's a level of commitment involved. I help as and when the spirit moves me (totally unofficially, of course!). But if I feel like screwing off to the river for a few hours to catch dinner, I can. It's no big deal. There's still a bit of regret and all, but...

Dedication. And discipline. I have the one, I think. The other... The things that the staff (all of them) do are IMPORTANT. I could easily spend 40 hours/week trying to help here in some form or another. Some weeks, I probably do - but other weeks, I have work available and, you know, sleep/eating/real-world relationships/garden. I just couldn't guarantee my time. If I have a chance to make a buck, it means eating - I'll ignore just about everything except for whether or not Mom needs my help.

Be kind to the staff, lol, and be aware of what they give up in exchange for their work here. And join them - if you dare! (If you are able to devote the time, and to guarantee a minimum each and every week, or even each and every day.)

Oh, and if this post is inappropriate, please delete.

We are seeking volunteers for our Spambot Patrol, to combat the dreaded spammers that have been attacking us from other countries. Please contact hr@420magazine.com with any prior experience you might have, along with your intentions for joining our team.

Why am I receiving phishing warning when I respond to inquire further...@420magazine, is this typical? Ty!

What will we be doing exactly?

I will do most anything to combat anyone or anything detrimental to 420 mag.., but I know nothing about spybot ?:surf:

Just sent an email - let's get rid of these assholes!

I would be happy to help out. I am unable to work and as a result spend most of the day either on the 420 pages or surfing the net. I am down in Australia, so I can work while others are asleep. I am new to 420, having found the forum while researching the information required for my first medicinal grow. I am very keen to give back to the community that has welcomed me with open arms and made me so welcome.

I went to respond and received a phishing warning, so was not comfortable continuing. I did report some spam I saw on Sunday and can continue doing that. If anything further is needed please let me know. .-..

I went to respond and received a phishing warning

You received that warning from attempting to send an email?

Are you using a Microsoft operating system, lol?

Back
Top Bottom