420 Magazine Seeking Volunteers For Gallery & Grow Forum Moderation

Founder
Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a couple passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Journals & Gallery are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, sidesteppers attempting to take sales from our sponsors, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing.

We are looking for a serious and responsible person(s) for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required but is preferred. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines repeatedly with a kind demeanor.

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis. You will need to demonstrate that you can, and will, work as part of our mature and dynamic team. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a review-able and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time.

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread or send resume and cover letter to hr@420magazine.com

:cheer: Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene :cheer:

:thanks: :Namaste:

Would you like to become part of our Team?
420 Magazine is looking for a couple passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with a proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

Moderator: Description
Ensures the Grow Journals & Gallery are free from guideline violations and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, sidesteppers attempting to take sales from our sponsors, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more.

We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing.

We are looking for a serious and responsible person(s) for this most important position. Previous grow experience is not required but is preferred. Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

The ideal Moderator is an individual that is high energy, patient, willing to teach and explain our guidelines repeatedly with a kind demeanor.

Being a staff member with 420 Magazine will require dedication and time. You will need to be available on a daily and regular basis. You will need to demonstrate that you can, and will, work as part of our mature and dynamic team. We want you to be honest and hard working, and exhibit the qualities of accuracy and timeliness.

Please, only established members who have a review-able and violation-free post history need apply.

If you can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time.

Ask questions if you have them, tell us why you're the right person for the job, and please post your application in this thread or send resume and cover letter to hr@420magazine.com

:cheer: Exercise Your 420 Activism Gene :cheer:

:thanks: :Namaste:

Just a question I'm sure many that read this would like to know. Is this a paid position or does it have any Percs that come with it

It's probably 100% volunteer work. The downside is that you won't be able to participate in the 420 contests. That's something that strikes me as unfair as a team member may grow the most deserving bud of the month but won't be allowed to enter. That's really sad i think

Which is why I'm wondering if there are any Percs to it. Such as becoming a tester for new products or a freebie once in a while would make it completely worth while and would keep some of the more seasoned growers interested if they are getting tools to use in the room. It'd be cool if the time spent moderating set you up for the release of a new product. Meaning if you logged more hours moderating then you would be first in line for the next sponsored product that needs a tester.

It'd be cool to see these products tested in the 420 magazine too. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate the highlights of a grow journal on the forum that's documenting a sponsored product and make it to print.

Could do big things for sponsorship to see the secret rooms around the world representing their products

Just a question I'm sure many that read this would like to know. Is this a paid position or does it have any Percs that come with it

To answer your question Rooster, we are seeking volunteers. Volunteers who prove themselves long term, are eligible to join our paid staff after some time. Staff do get some percs like discounts from sponsors, shirts, jars, stickers, etc. Most importantly, an opportunity to give back to the mission that has gotten us where we are today. :thumb:

Which is why I'm wondering if there are any Percs to it. Such as becoming a tester for new products or a freebie once in a while would make it completely worth while and would keep some of the more seasoned growers interested if they are getting tools to use in the room. It'd be cool if the time spent moderating set you up for the release of a new product. Meaning if you logged more hours moderating then you would be first in line for the next sponsored product that needs a tester.

It'd be cool to see these products tested in the 420 magazine too. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate the highlights of a grow journal on the forum that's documenting a sponsored product and make it to print.

Could do big things for sponsorship to see the secret rooms around the world representing their products

That's another position altogether that you missed, we recently hired 3 new Product Reviewers.
420 Magazine Seeking Product Reviewers

This position is for Moderator. :thanks:

It's probably 100% volunteer work. The downside is that you won't be able to participate in the 420 contests. That's something that strikes me as unfair as a team member may grow the most deserving bud of the month but won't be allowed to enter. That's really sad i think

We are sorry you feel this way, however just like almost every other contest in every other industry around the world, staff are usually not eligible to join contests, due to everyone else assuming it would be biased and/or fixed. We're just following standard protocol, like everyone else. The logistics are too endless to re-post, hope you understand. :thumb:

If winning a contest is more important to you, then by all means, we'd much rather have you entering them. We are seeking those who are passionate about helping others and giving back to our mission. :thanks:

I'd do it just for a led light lol

Every time we've done something like this, the person disappears after getting the light.

For this reason, we no longer trade merchandise for moderating services.

We are seeking a team player who wants to volunteer for passionate and/or ethical reasons, not for belongings. :thanks:

Re: 420 Magazine Seeking Volunteers For Gallery & Grow Forum Moderation

Nah. I don't even participate in the contests. Maybe some day but didn't so far. Tend to forget about them. I just feel a little sorry for all the hard working members of your crew. I really appreciate their work and dedication. I know many of them are in fact also very talented growers.

But i understand why they can't participate. It's still sad though i see that people could get suspicious. Contests tend to get out the ugly in people

Nah. I don't even participate in the contests. Maybe some day but didn't so far. Tend to forget about them. I just feel a little sorry for all the hard working members of your crew. I really appreciate their work and dedication. I know many of them are in fact also very talented growers.

But i understand why they can't participate. It's still sad though �� i see that people could get suspicious. Contests tend to get out the ugly in people

Why feel sorry for them, in most eyes, a staff title is worth more than a plant contest title.

Everyone on staff gets free t shirts, jars, stickers, sponsor discounts, etc. anyway. :thumb:

Yeah. I get it. As you perhaps remember, I did volunteer for the spambot patrol but due to my personal situation with hidden identity and people hunting me to kill me and my family, i couldn't give you my real credentials. I do however plan to volunteer again if this abnormal situation should change in the future.

I do recommend everyone to volunteer if they can because 420 deserves the best from all of us

There are many ways we can help 420 without being on the team we can report spam and most importantly of it all. We can spread cannabis awareness to the world

Dear Sir's, I would be very interested in becoming a moderator for "420 Magazine" website. I've been a partaker since 1970 while overseas with the USAF. Been a medical cannabis patient for 3 years in California and now a patient for one year in Nevada. Have sparked up all over the world, used a variety of different forms and manifestations of cannabis, and have used a wide range of infusion, that is joint, splif, bong, dab rig, ext. I am 68 years old and like I said a Vietnam Veteran USAF 1968-1976 left as a Staff Sargent, retired after 35 years as a medical and clinical laboratory technician and gross pathology, married to my wife for over 30 years. We own a home in Pahrump, Nevada about 70 miles due West of LV. AA grad in History at Miami-Dade Community Collage 1977. Maybe some of my experience could be of value to those baby boomers who could wavering on using this miracle plant.

Although my volunteer time is tied up elsewhere right now, I do have one question in case I am free to help 420 out in the future.

I understand the need for a staff member to put his/her real credentials on the application form, but will those be protected publically by the use of our 420 ID? I would not want to put my family in danger, if someone disagreed with my having to "mod" someone breaking the rules.

Although my volunteer time is tied up elsewhere right now, I do have one question in case I am free to help 420 out in the future.

I understand the need for a staff member to put his/her real credentials on the application form, but will those be protected publically by the use of our 420 ID? I would not want to put my family in danger, if someone disagreed with my having to "mod" someone breaking the rules.

Of course, it is our highest priority. :thanks:

I would like to hear more about the daily requirements to become a 420 moderater. I've never entered a contest to date and would love to do my part and help to keep this site running smoothly and spreading awareness. This place has been too good to me!

I'll reach out to you brother. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom