Seeking Hospitality Additions to 420 Staff

Founder
We are in search of a few people who would like to join our team as "Hospitality Team"...

Duties include welcoming all new members in the Introduce Yourself forum, when they post their first thread and helping them find a certain section they are looking for...

Even though we know this website like the back of our hand, new members do not and they sometimes seek guidance before becoming a full time contributing member... If we greet them at the door and make them feel welcome, we will increase our member base dramatically...

If you are interested, please tell us a little about yourself and why you want to join our team.

Thanks and we look forward to your replies!
:rollit:

Re: Seeking Welcome Wagon Additions to 420 Staff

no, just a willingness to help others... your postings will have to be free of any spelling or grammar errors though and signatures like these will not be acceptable if you are to represent us at the door, "to fathom hell or soar angelic just take a pinch of psychedelic"... we are a Cannabis website only...

is there any like requirements. like would i have to be at a cirtain amount of posts or anything?

i agree with you mark, however we don't want to require so much that we get no applicants... we will make this a guideline for the future, but at the present time, we will accept anyone who wants to help...;)

even if you don't join our team, you can always welcome new members as a member yourself... this should be happening already, anyway...

I love the idea of a "Hospitality Mod" - it will reinforce that 420 Magazine is the friendliest, most helpful site on the web.
I think a thorough knowledge of what is in the archives would be essential here, and a willingness and joy to help others. This is an important position IMO

they can have this title if they also have good knowledge of the forums and can help direct people to where they need to find things in a KIND, professional manner...if they do not possess these qualities and only want to simply send out a welcome, they will get a more simpler title without the word "Mod"...

I'm throwing my name in the hat. I'm not an overly technical person, and try to be as informed as possible. I am a medical marijuana user and have had my recommendation for five years due to my epilepsy condition.
Most who know me knows I like to make people feel welcome and join in on the forums more. I can't be here all the time, but I'd be happy to volunteer some hours each night to welcome everyone and help them weave their way through the site.

Peace and happiness

Hi Staff,

Having read this post requesting a hospitality oriented person to help greet the new members, I had to respond.

You see, when I first came to this site, I was welcomed quite warmly. That, and that alone, caused me to make the decision to stay here. I visited many sites related to marijuana and none were as deserving as 420Magazine.com.

I believe I am qualified for the position for a couple of reasons. One, I live in Myrtle Beach, SC. A well known tourist destination on the East Coast. Myrtle Beach has approximately 14 million visitors a year.

Two, I spent 5 years in the hospitality industry here starting with employment in the hotels themselves and ending with a 3 year stint with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. Were it not for suffering from epilepsy, I would probably still be in the hospitalty business.

I have felt kind of guilty due to the fact I am unable to support the site financially. When I read this post, I thought this might be a way to show my gratitude for all that I have received while being here.

I thank you for taking the time to read this, and again, for all the help you provide to everyone here. I look forward to helping in any small way that I can.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Doobie_420...formerly CarolinaRebel

Hey 420 Editor,
I would love to help your team out if I can. This website has so much to offer the cannabis community! I search it all the time for grow information I can't find in books on the subject. Or to just read about the laws on cannabis and such. I am a beginner when it comes to growing, but have been a cannabis consumer for about 25 years now. Currently I am on my 4th grow. The first three turned out in failure. But I am a very eager student when it comes to learning how to grow mother natures medicine! I want to help others while learning myself.:rollit:

doobie_420 aka carolinarebel, thanks for your offer, just one question, why did you change your username?
why don't you just stick with carolinarebel?

bubbakush, agreed brother, hopefully that will happen soon, just need to get everyone used to doing it first... you can help by taking your own advice, that would rule, thank you...;)

digital demon, i would allow you on the team if we can change your name to something more appropriate... i do not want a "demon" greeting people at the front door of a friendly Cannabis community, it could scare some older more conservative medical marijuana patients who don't understand hip, young screen names, if you catch my drift...;)

myk3, while i appreciate your offer, i am going to have to decline after your continued spelling errors, without any effort to fix them, after being told about it already in your first post... plus the fact that i have no real history of posting on you yet to determine your character and personality and how you will represent us... the last thing i want is people leaving because they criticize us as a whole, just from your welcome posts full of spelling and grammar errors... we are very serious about our mission and your text is what will represent this entire website and 15 year mission... it is the most critical thing when welcoming a potential member at the door... if you are serious about this, then act as welcome wagon anyway for a couple of months and let me see how you do, at that time, i can reconsider your request... i hope you understand and thank you for your support!

Hey 420 Editor,
Of course I can change my user name to be a part of the 420 staff! How about GuerillaGrower? Because those are the growing techniques I have been trying out since I started to grow. I looked under the members list and I didn't see that name taken yet. So I hope that name will be more appropriate?:smokin:

doobie_420 aka carolinarebel, thanks for your offer, just one question, why did you change your username?
why don't you just stick with carolinarebel?

In addition to coming here, I also play online games with a group of some pretty laid back guys and gals. My user name there is Doobie_420. I just thought it would be easier for me to keep track of one name. Seemed more appropriate too, however, if that is a problem I can always stick to CarolinaRebel...your call.

P.S. I've told them about the site and have given them the address. Just tryin' to help the site "grow" (pun intended) a little. :grinjoint:

welcome to the team doobie!...;)

thank you for your contributions to our mission!

we will prepare a letter of introduction to you guys over the next couple of days...
meanwhile, please do your best to welcome every single person that posts a thread introducing themselves in the introduce yourself forum...

sweet, finally getting this together, thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom