Moderator Election

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Would you like to become part of our Team?

420 Magazine is looking for a few passionate and dedicated members who would like to become part of our dynamic and dedicated team. We are in the business of bringing the message of Cannabis and Hemp awareness to the World, and you could be a part of this important mission.

We are looking for members with proven posting history, who show maturity, frequent site access, and a willingness to work hard, without issues of ego. We want people who are patient, caring and compassionate. Is this you?

GENERAL MODERATOR DESCRIPTION
Help us keep the forums clean of trash and clutter. We get spam, banned members coming back to start trouble, irritable people flaming others, photo's not uploaded through the gallery, people trying to use the site to hookup, and much more. We spend countless hours editing or removing these unwanted posts every day so that members can enjoy a much more comfortable and positive vibe while here socializing, learning and contributing. (Volunteer/Intern Position)

New Moderators will be assigned a home forum (or two) and after training will be responsible for keeping their assigned area compliant with site guidelines.

New Moderators will need to commit to reading every new post in their primary area(s) of responsibility every day, (worst case every other day). We are looking for responsible people who will let us know when they can't be around - so we can make alternate arrangements.

We're open to discussing the particular forum(s) assigned so please let us know your area of expertise and interest.

Note: Greater than one year's site membership is preferred.

If you do not have a reviewable post history, can't commit the time, haven't been a member very long, or have not been signing in frequently, please wait a cycle, participate more, and apply next time;)

Ask questions if you have them and please post your application in this thread.

:thanks:

Wow Raleigh NC, that is awesome i live near Campbell University in Lillington. Good to see someone so dedicated to the cause here in the middle of the bible belt! Is it just me, or do most people seem a little more...closed minded around here??

We're still looking for a volunteer for this post.

Hoping we can get someone with a good posting history to step up and donate some time to help keep the site in order.

:cheer: Exercise Your Activist Gene :cheer:

We are also seeking News Hawks to join our team!

We've been creating Cannabis awareness to the world for free for almost 20 years now, hope some of you can give some back - please...;)

:thanks:

I would definitely be interested in becoming a moderator. I know I haven't been here too long, but I have a long history of managing forums as I had my own for a couple of years and know the ins and outs of being a Moderator and an Administrator. I'm constantly on here at least 8 hours a day while I'm working, and also while I'm at home I check the threads pretty frequently.

Nah man I'm not always that personable and I've only been here like 2 months. The people making decisions kinda already know I wanna help as well and they kinda have an idea of how I am. So its on them. Plus there's a lot of other members with plenty to offer. I PMed one I thought might be aight with it. Thanks for ur vote of confidence though. It kinda makes me feel like me being here is impacting some1 elses life for the better.

u would be surprised to know who the 420 staff has accepted to let be part of the team, if you want to give back, just volunteer. even if ur not ready for moderator their might be other staff spots open that will help the site, the members, and the fight ... :peace:

In time I would be honored to help out with the board in some capacity. ...and since it's been at least 2 weeks since I have had a post deleted I think I am getting the hang of forum life.

BWC...I'm beginning to like you more n more. There IS a sense of humor under that tough crust! LOL Keep up the good work bro! Hey 420, I havent been here long but perhaps in the future I can be of some help. Being a part time writer, mostly articulated( I know some big words), observant and sadly meticulous with my words/posts (check out my various posts), again, perhaps in the future....Would certainly love to give back for all you folks do...MF

Had to laugh

BWC...I'm beginning to like you more n more. There IS a sense of humor under that tough crust! LOL Keep up the good work bro! Hey 420, I havent been here long but perhaps in the future I can be of some help. Being a part time writer, mostly articulated( I know some big words), observant and sadly meticulous with my words/posts (check out my various posts), again, perhaps in the future....Would certainly love to give back for all you folks do...MF

This is funny for a few reasons. Yea the feeling's mutual MedFred. The more of ur posts I read the more it seems ur growin on me.

Props to BWC - we do appreciate the help you're giving us (posting the contest winners in the creme de la creme thread) and helping along with Andy Botwin in the old Journals in Progress

We're still looking for a volunteer or two to help moderate

Hoping we can get people with a good posting history and more than just a few quarters as a member, to step up and donate some time to help keep the site in order.

:cheer: Exercise Your Activist Gene :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom