Transition from veg to flowering

NickyBongload

Im 30 days into veg with 2 flushes in that time. Before i switch the light cycle to 12/12 should i flush once more and then start adding bloom nutes, or should i introduce the bloom nutrients with some veg nutes as well?

Well, that question is going to get a varied answer........lots of different opinions on that one.

What I do is start 12/12 after a Drain and Replenish, but I do not FLUSH or switch nutes the first day of 12/12. The first 5 or 6 days of 12/12 in my opinion is still in the VEG cycle, and some Nitrogen is needed to maintain a healthy plant. I continue my VEG nutes the first few days of 12/12 and gradually change over to the Flowering nutes.
I think you might get a few different answers to your quesiton.

Well, that question is going to get a varied answer........lots of different opinions on that one.

What I do is start 12/12 after a Drain and Replenish, but I do not FLUSH or switch nutes the first day of 12/12. The first 5 or 6 days of 12/12 in my opinion is still in the VEG cycle, and some Nitrogen is needed to maintain a healthy plant. I continue my VEG nutes the first few days of 12/12 and gradually change over to the Flowering nutes.

Another great answer from Roseman! Follow those directions and your transition will go flawlessly. IMO flushing is not needed during veg unless you overfed your plants.

Good luck with the rest of your grow!

Great Advice :bravo:

Just as so you can have another prospective. Theres no real wrong way to switch over to flower. This is what I do personally. I flush prior to switching nutes. Cause a salt build up can occur, which can inturn cause a lockout. So to combat any chance, I flush for 1-2 days, then start at 1/3 the recomended dosage from your nute chart. Fallowing every changeout after, I increase the nutrient level another third til its @ full strength. This will help you plants get adjusted to the new nutrient program. Then adjust as need according to your strain. (Keep inmind you want to flush through-out your grow) Again this is just to give you an idea of what others do.:goodluck:

So i have a question, In building my grow room, I am going to re-paint my walls white for veggin. After i am done with veg state, should i cover the walls with alum foil or mylar/panda film to start the flowering? Also what is "flushing"? I was confused when people were saying 12/12 but i am learning the slang :)

Your cool, with the walls being flat white. It relects something like 90% of light. So I'd just leave it. Flushing is basiclly running water threw the plants system for a lengthed amount of time. For soil if you flush you are running plain ph'd water threw the pot holding the plant.you would use 3x's the amount of the pot the plant is in.
Example: If your using a 2 gallon container for the pant You would flush with 6 gallons of Ph'd water.
and 12/12 is the lighting schedule.
Example: 24/0= 24 hours of light; and 0 amount of darkness. 18/6 and 12/12 are the most common lighting schedule.

Thanks butch. Im leaning towards hydroponics, not sure how to flush that a way. I doubt i will need it or at least i hope so. So to start off a grow what are the common hours used? 18/6? From my reading you start flowing with increased periods of darkness. So for vegging it is the opposite right?

yeah .
Veg: 24/0 or 18/6
Flower: 12/12

with hydro you want to flush at the least every 2 weeks. flushing helps the plant to release any salts that can build up from all the nutirents and chemicals running through the system. Think of it this way. After a system gets cleaned out and has a white rezidue. Thats the same stuff that can build up on your roots. So flushing is essential in hydro as well. Its a good habit to get into. YOu should start a thread or feel free to ask away on any of my threads. there linked on all my post. Or PM me anytime. I say this cause I dont want to jack Nickybongloads. I'm sure hes cool w/ it. I just want to make sure I show respect. But like I said ask away.

As Roseman said some growers do different things.we personaly run a flush one day before 12/12 then add your bloom nutes.lights go out for 24 to 30 hours this ensures your plant will jump start into bloom.lights back on all your nutes need for bloom are in place.The 24 to 30 hours puts the plant in a rested state.to make the transition abit easier.

As ------- said some growers do different things.we personaly run a flush one day before 12/12 then add your bloom nutes.lights go out for 24 to 30 hours this ensures your plant will jump start into bloom.lights back on all your nutes need for bloom are in place.The 24 to 30 hours puts the plant in a rested state.to make the transition abit easier.

a very experienced hands on outdoor grower from way up north once told me something similar to this for growing 14 week flower strains outdoors, you can actaully put it in 48 hours of darkness and make it flower early so its ready by first frost, im glad to see he was right :)

As Roseman said some growers do different things.we personaly run a flush one day before 12/12 then add your bloom nutes.lights go out for 24 to 30 hours this ensures your plant will jump start into bloom.lights back on all your nutes need for bloom are in place.The 24 to 30 hours puts the plant in a rested state.to make the transition abit easier.
thanks very helpful

Back
Top Bottom