General Hydro hardwater feeding schedule

The way the FloraMicro Hard Water works is it helps balance out the water. Typically you will have a lot of calcium in hard water (that's what stains your bongs!) and the FM HW will help balance it out.

If you're getting 700 PPM out the tap you may be on well water.

Honestly, in my opinion you need to filter your water or buy pre-filtered water. Even if you use the nutrient you will get troubles. The FloraMicro Hard Water is really meant for 200-300 PPM water, anything above is going to give you issues.

I agree with JJ. Buy water from the machine at the grocery store or get an ro water filtration system. My tap is over 700 ppm too and I don't ever use it. It doesnt get into my girls for anything.

ebb flow system using growblocks

Hi Steev,

I'm using an Ebb & Gro also, but I'm in hydrocorn. I've not heard great things about other media, so I stuck with what I have experience with.

I also have hard water, but not as hard as yours. Mine is 360-380ppm and 7.2ph from the tap.

My room is new, so I'm still making changes. I added an RO system last night. I'm on the 2nd reservoir of hard water, and it will be the last one. Should have 50 gallons of RO by Saturday.

My advice is to stop using that water. 700ppm is ridiculously high! 700ppm will burn young plants, and you don't know what is in that 700ppm!

I just send GH an email asking what to do with this, nearly full, gallon of FloraMicro HW. I suspect I can still use it and just add their Mg/Ca suppliment (Calimagic or Magical or something like that). I'll come back and post their response once I get their recommendation.

In my hydro tubs (bubbleponics) my tap water is at 204 TDS but after I put my nutes in the TDS goes up to 453. Should I use the FloraMicro Hard Water supplement? How much do you think it will drop the TDS?
I use a water filtration system.

Back
Top Bottom