1st time with NFT system all tips welcome!

BigSteve88

Hey all!!!

My 1st time use in a nft system, been told the basics by my local supplyer but open to any tips from guys with more experience on nft.

I currently have the 20l system with x1 Dutch passion blueberry, I have a 200w light, and use in the biobizz range well not it all because only certain 1s can be used with hydro systems.

This is my 3rd grow done 2 before but n soil went pretty well but I was use in the house and garden range. So this is also my 1st with biobizz, what you guys think with the Bio in a hydro system seen on some forums that folk didn't think it was that good block pumps etc.

IV got another 4 dp blueberry in soil to compare my results with nft and I case things go wrong with nft il still have a litlle weed!:)

Peace Big Steve

Hey all!!!

My 1st time use in a nft system, been told the basics by my local supplyer but open to any tips from guys with more experience on nft.

I currently have the 20l system with x1 Dutch passion blueberry, I have a 200w light, and use in the biobizz range well not it all because only certain 1s can be used with hydro systems.

This is my 3rd grow done 2 before but n soil went pretty well but I was use in the house and garden range. So this is also my 1st with biobizz, what you guys think with the Bio in a hydro system seen on some forums that folk didn't think it was that good block pumps etc.

IV got another 4 dp blueberry in soil to compare my results with nft and I case things go wrong with nft il still have a litlle weed!:)

Peace Big Steve

I don't know that much about NFT, but if the nuts your using can cause a pump blockage I would look for something more suitable for hydro. Have a look at one of our sponsors Blue Planet Nutrients. His prices are reasonable, he is here on the forums lending support, and if that's not enough there is a army of growers here using his products to prove it works with the best of them.

Hi Big Steve, have grown in NFT for a couple of years, and as JJ says, it rocks. I use Vital Ink nutrients, they have almost all the bases covered and available in the UK.

I chose it because it came top of a survey of NFT growers on another forum at the time I was deciding.
Any issues I have had with NFT have been of my own making.

:thumb:

I'm about to buy two used NFT-system and had never grown in hydro before either so I will join you in your quest for knowledge! :goodluck:

Stuff to buy then?:
Ph & ec-meter
Airstone & pump (people often recommend this for extra oxygen in nutrient tank?) ..will someone please comment this!
Nutrient (and now im totally lost, it's A jungle out there, what do the plants need and what don't they?).

:hmmmm:

hello .

im a virgin nft user been on soil for ages but want better yields.

1st question how many plants in a 2 424 trays laying side by side and how many in 2 gt604 side by side.

im planning on germinatiog in root riot sponge. this will be ph6 and nutes 0.4 , left to soak these nutes for a day b4 putting the seed in. germinating in rockwoll never worked an was advised , it to be bad . good for cutting bad for seed. ok once germinated for a few days id put into a 3" ROCKWOoL CUBE . now this is my issue how often should i water it , i suppose a few drops every few hours, keeping it moist not wet, but how long should i do this b4 moving onto teh nft tray and the white gauze stuff. i suppose the roots will start to show and perhaps prune themselves if i dont move them to the nft. im thinking from germination to moving to the nft , 2 weeks. im doing skunks femi. using plant majic . root stim too. got ESSEntial ph an EC meters so know whats what..

any tips from nft monkeys out there..

hi, plants from seed id say 6 in the first system and 8 in the second. when in the 3"cubes top water each day at lights on, lower pH of feed for plants in rockwool to around 5.5-5.8,feed at an EC of .8 - 1.2 add some root stim, temperature should be around 22 c 100 to 200 mls each block will be enough for starters, keep plants in the propagator tray with the lid off under t5 lights or other suitable (cfl,mh). cover the base of the prop tray with a inch of clean washed grow rocks this will allow the roots to grow out of the block, just gently shake off any clay rocks that cling to the roots when its time to transplant.
before transplanting into the main system ensure that the plants are growing well and have developed a good root system, you can give them a light prune at this time to make them bush out a little, remove the plastic wrap before putting on ONE layer of spreader mat(i use a little nute to stick the spreader to the tray then use black/white sheet taped tightly across the tray as a cover sheet(white up in hot weather black in cold) cut 3" crosses at each site and plant the block through the hole laying back the flaps to cover the top of the block.adjust the flow of your nutrient down until it has a broken flow not a solid flow back into the res, this will need to be turned up as the plants grow to maintain this(nft systems with correct flow rate are meant to be irrigated 24-7). recirculating systems that contain rockwool media should be run at a pH of around 5.5-5.8. use a submersible heater to maintain a nutrient temperature of 25 c minimum,in hot countrys use an aquarium chiller as well, dont allow the nutrient temp to get much over 30 c unless using c02 enrichment and then not over 35 c.air pump/stone not required.

Back
Top Bottom