Advanced Nutrients pH perfect - Don't pay attention to pH?

Riskyplay11

Ok i am what i would concider to be an experienced grower in soil. I have recently made the move to an ebb and flow bucket system (oxy-pot). I have always used advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom for the last 3 years. They have now come out with this "ph perfect" line, and when they did i started having problems. When i called the hotline heres what they told me.

A - do not use any cal-mag (even though i have a ro system for my water)

b - dont pay attention to ph!!! It will settle where it needs to be, the nutrients are designed that way. This is so hard for me to understand. So my resivor when i start the week with new water starts off at 5.7 (in veg) after i add nutes. 4 days later its at 6.6......and they say whatever you do, do not ph down it back to 5.7 that it will hurt the plants. Maybe someone here knows the science behind this and im wrong, but that seems backwards to me

c - the dude also told me to not pay attention to ppm!! Said to just follow the instructions and start off week 1 of veg with 1ml per l and build every week up to 4 ml per liter really???

Im so confused by this logic im about to jump ship to another nutrient line but im hoping someone on here has done it this way and maybe is happy with it, but to me it seems like the lazy mans answer to feeding your plants

My 2 cents, as is.
RO is recommended by A.N as their food was created for use with RO.
B; THE ph factor, my personal experience was in n.f.t system, my resevoir was compromised by
High temps leading to pythium, my ph readings were all over the map.
Again, I got the same answer you did... it will balance.
As for your last part, watch your ladies, they know what they want.
I now run soiless media. And gave gone away from A.N.
G.h isnt brain dead simple but I do have full control at all times.

This isnt any attack on A.N, just my own experience :)

My 2 cents, as is.
RO is recommended by A.N as their food was created for use with RO.
B; THE ph factor, my personal experience was in n.f.t system, my resevoir was compromised by
High temps leading to pythium, my ph readings were all over the map.
Again, I got the same answer you did... it will balance.
As for your last part, watch your ladies, they know what they want.
I now run soiless media. And gave gone away from A.N.
G.h isnt brain dead simple but I do have full control at all times.

This isnt any attack on A.N, just my own experience :)

Bump bump bump

Hi there.
I'm not advocating that you switch brands or anything but merely pointing out that AN isn't the only company producing nutes that are pretty much hassle free when it comes to PH. I use Jacks professional Hydro FeED.
Buy Hydroponics - J. R. Peters Inc. Fertilizer Products And Services
Jack’s Professional 16-4-17 Hydro FeED
An innovative formula that provides all the macro, secondary and micronutrients in a one-part system. Designed specially for hydroponically grown herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, parsley etc.), as well as, lettuce and most vegetables. Includes our proprietary blend of iron chelates that keeps iron available even as the pH varies up to a high of 8.0. Also contains a significant level of soluble calcium and magnesium, for an all-around plant nutrition.
Now I agree that jacks doesn't say don't mess with the PH, but as long as it's below 8 you should be ok. That's pretty much hassle free as you can get. Maybe you should try to trust what AN is telling you or run a trial on the side to see for yourself.
What kind of problems did you run into already?

I use this product myself with my soilless grow and it works great. It does self adjust my PH however my water PH out of the tap is 6.9. I mix both grow and bloom at 2ml per litre of water. During bloom I also add Bud Factor X, 2ml per litre and Rhino Skin, 2ml per litre. Week 4-6 I add Overdrive, 2ml. per litre. Week 6-8 just ph'ed water. The result is huge, great smelling, sweet tasting, sugar coated buds.

I use the grow right from the start. I never have a problem with leaf burn as I mix at half the recommended dose. During bud I watch the leaf tips and look for just a spot of burn on the tip. Any more and the next dose is straight water.

It probably has more to do with the fact that their nutes are chelated so they are able to be absorbed at high/lower PH levels than if they were not. GH Flora is also chelated. So are many others. They claim its PH adjusting, but really it wouldnt matter if it were as long as it didnt get sky high or low.

Sup peeps .. I've enjoyed hydro growing :volcano-smiley: for ever..lol. I still got to check (It drives me crazy if I don't). As long as it stabilizes in my happy zone its fine..but after a day or so of it going high got to find out why u know and make adjustments and if your like me watch ppm no's advance nutrition doesn't control any of that we do. I really like there nuts. Just me :thanks:

I use AN except I use GH ripen a week before flush and I usually flush for only few days as I reduce nute near end except for molasses. For ph perfect to work they say RO water, which I haven't tried yet, All I know is once you learn your plant/plants uptake from ppm reading, you usually have a stable ph and ppm level with your water going down everyday. I am using rain water collect from the roof through a polyester filter to filter out the dirt with a ppm of 25 or below.

Wow its been awhile since I started this thread and I saw someone commented on it so I thought I should fill everyone in on what ive been doing since.

Advanced nutrients
so I ran one run the way AN said, I didn't ph, I didn't watch my ppm, I just added the doses they said and presto change - it actually worked. I ended up pulling (an average) of about 8 oz per plant. Yes I know all the geeks will slaughter me about saying my per plant weight and not giving them my grams per watt equation but I don't geek that far out, but I will give ya my set up details

13 site oxy-pot ebb and flow system using lava rocks as a medium
4 - 1000 watt hps (6" raptor hoods air cooled - lumatek digi ballasts - usiro opti-red bulbs)
I rock co2 at 1400 ppm
I am a dedicated topper as you will see in my pics - I swear by topping and I also de-foliate or thin my larger leaves every couple of weeks
I veg under t5's - 4-5 weeks
Strains included: Mastadon Kush, Blackberry Kush, Chemmy Jones, Lavender, God Bud, Cinex

This is by far my largest yield, I usto half that with soil. It has gotten better the last two runs but I will leave that to the grow journal I am starting

In conclusion, Advanced Nutrients worked out fine when I used it properly. I cant state enough though it is kinda confussing so I would suggest calling there hotline and asking all the questions nessesary cause they were right if you add anything to the line it seems to screw it up. I switched nutrients after this first run, I am in love with my new line. Biggest yields I have ever (personally) seen on an indoor set-up. Had my first 1 pound plant last month. The line I currently use is called CYCO Nutrients. I use there entire line-up, but also add cal-mag+, orca, hygrozyme. Even though I have changed lines, I still think AN did an awesome job. I would suggest it to newer growers who want awesome results but maybe don't understand ph and ppm's yet

I will post some pic's later tonight when I get time

Heres some of the pics I promised

14701.JPG

14428.JPG
124310.JPG

08724.JPG

I went from GH to AN and haven't looked back. Results have been a bit better, didn't change anything else and it cost a third less.

I use the full line of advanced nutes and if you read the label it says its good for one week. They plan on a full change everyweek. I have not had problems with using at full stretgh and did an entire dwc grow with no changes only adding and never once messed with the PH so I love this line but you do need 0 - 40 ppm starting water i.e. RO water.

I'm using ph perfect line but I'm using rain water which are around 5ppm so very little effect it seems, I have to drop the ph on fresh mix but only from 6 to 5.8 then it stays unless ppm changes, once dialed in ph is fairly stable

My current run is only 11 days in 12/12, but last week I been topping up 1.5 liter water full nutes each day for 6 days that's after given them fresh bucket at full nutes on light switch, they drop 200ppm everyday, last 2 days I didn't add nutes just water but had to adjust ph as ppm changes

Back
Top Bottom