Does underfeeding effect bud size?

gangadoctor

as with all newbies i used to overfeed my plants and after sometime (and the help of this forum) i discovered that i could feed less BUT recently i've been keeping my A & B to a minimum and am now wondering how that affects overall bud size.

for example, in bloom, after a flush in a 150 litre recirculating DWC i'm feed my plants 100ml big bud, 100ml explode, 75ml bud factor x, 20ml calmag plus, 10 ml silicon, and 100ml A & B. the leaves are a little light for my liking but the girls look nice and healthy.

about 5 days or o later the ppm's drop as they feed and to keep my ppm's low i'll normally feed A & B at say 30ml and the other nutes listed above at the same strengths. then when i hot the 2 week mark i flush and start again.

i'm wondering if i'm using enough A & B in the ratio and if that is affecting my bud size? i've been doing it this way o long that i don't really know any different.

Throw up some pics and a bit more info around the ph and specific ppm might help people answer. I think too far either way can affect yield, I'm a nooob too so I err on the lower side now after running into some nute burn on the back of poor advice (not on this forum)

Good luck

Im curious what the A & B ppm is ? , had a look at AN's chart they suggest 600 ml per 150l reservoir

I always read that you can or should cut the strength in half , if its cut into quarters its 150ml per 150 liters or 50% stronger then your mix

In DWC the first week is the only time a weak mix is required for flower you want be from 800 to 14oo ppm

If I was you i would try doubling your strength and see how it goes certainly worth testing out

I am mixing at 65 % of the bottles label for dwc

as with all newbies i used to overfeed my plants and after sometime (and the help of this forum) i discovered that i could feed less BUT recently i've been keeping my A & B to a minimum and am now wondering how that affects overall bud size.

for example, in bloom, after a flush in a 150 litre recirculating DWC i'm feed my plants 100ml big bud, 100ml explode, 75ml bud factor x, 20ml calmag plus, 10 ml silicon, and 100ml A & B. the leaves are a little light for my liking but the girls look nice and healthy.

about 5 days or o later the ppm's drop as they feed and to keep my ppm's low i'll normally feed A & B at say 30ml and the other nutes listed above at the same strengths. then when i hot the 2 week mark i flush and start again.

i'm wondering if i'm using enough A & B in the ratio and if that is affecting my bud size? i've been doing it this way o long that i don't really know any different.

i am trying Remos A-B with micro , it calls for 5ml g been using 3.25 ml per u.s gal., its used like a two part with A / micro in grow and B / micro in flower

In Metric

60 ml Bloom 60ml Micro to 70 liters of water to the sum of 450 ppm above the base ppm with supplements for a total of 870 ppm all in , including Gold Zone res treatment Silicate , Humus 10ml squirt of golden tree and some PH down.

30 days from seed on one 3 week tank of above mix using both part A and B ( I tried it they did not recommend it)

IMG_007669.JPG

IMG_007762.JPG

AN sure suggests a load of nutrients using their formula it would take 240 ml of each for 70 liters

Sounds insane , maybe its watered down

What do you think is AN scamming people with a watered down mix ?

The stuff would be gone fast using it as directed , Im curious what ppm it leaves you with ?

I use AN 3 part mgb. They call for 60ml per 4 gal. My heaviest feed currently is 21ml per 4 gal in bloom.

AN sure suggests a load of nutrients using their formula it would take 240 ml of each for 70 liters

Sounds insane , maybe its watered down

What do you think is AN scamming people with a watered down mix ?

The stuff would be gone fast using it as directed , Im curious what ppm it leaves you with ?

It's not watered down or as little as I use my plants would die. They just over recommend so you use more... then buy more.

Any recommendations on general hydroponics nutes like how much do u use and what all products and average ppm also how do u use your parts and and additives that u may use

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your PPM numbers vs ml added would determine if its watered down or not

label to label Remos calls for 1/3 as much as AN so I was curious of the ppm numbers ..

Maybe Remos is a stronger concentration or maybe Remo suggest a more realistic number , the ppm numbers will determine whats what.

Its looking like An waters their shit down ..

If AN waters there stuff down, I would have major problems, they recommend 16 ml per gallon and I use 1ml per gallon in coco fed 3 times a day from a resuvoir, I am using a 1/16 of what they recommend and my ladies look wonderful, so not watered down here until i mix my nutes. I water 3 times a day, 21 times a week with about 14 gallons and 14ml of Sensi A & B, So no complaints on AN sensi.:volcano-smiley:

Remos calls for 5 ml g progressing to 7ml peaking at 8ml g in flower

Like I said either AN waters their shit down or Remos is more concentrated

3rd option AN has foolish numbers on the label that will surely burn a plant in a bad way.

I am getting leaf tip burn at 3.25ml g

Any better ideas ? Those are the only option I can think of atm

AN label 16 ml g at 1/4 strength is 4 mil g

Remos 8 ml @ 1/4 strength is 2 ml g

This leads me to believe AN's waters theirs down , it makes perfect profit sense and explains for the 16 ml gallon suggestion.

Never realized this until just lately since using Remos

Tried AN last year in coco it worked well I got a few 12 oz plants so it works Im not saying it doesn't.

I am just repeated what I see for you all to consider

Wonderful as you feel your grow is its not Kick ass and Kick ass is my goal

If you want big fat buds try bumping up your nutes it will help you reach the next level

I kid you not its a tip worth listening to.

This is from your journal , I know you will improve on this if you increase the strength

2-27_0171.JPG

Its not exactly award winning grown at 1 ml a gallon

If AN waters there stuff down, I would have major problems, they recommend 16 ml per gallon and I use 1ml per gallon in coco fed 3 times a day from a resuvoir, I am using a 1/16 of what they recommend and my ladies look wonderful, so not watered down here until i mix my nutes. I water 3 times a day, 21 times a week with about 14 gallons and 14ml of Sensi A & B, So no complaints on AN sensi.:volcano-smiley:

Last Year as I mentioned I used AN but @ 8 ml gal in coco fed once a day and grew this girl in 3 1/2 months

Mango_Pre_harvest_photos_022.JPG

Her sister was as pretty the two Autos grown before this produced 1 lb of bud using 5 to 8ml gal in coco , fed no more then once a day with a odd water day.

Both grows I used AN it was the higher rate that brought out the best in the plants not a low rate

Food for thought , also check around and see what strength the Pros are using.

Wonderful as you feel your grow is its not Kick ass and Kick ass is my goal

If you want big fat buds try bumping up your nutes it will help you reach the next level

I kid you not its a tip worth listening to.

This is from your journal , I know you will improve on this if you increase the strength

2-27_0171.JPG

Its not exactly award winning grown at 1 ml a gallon

Lets sit the record straight, Those were grown using General Organics under old style Mars 300, 3 to be exact, so about 390 watts and ended up with a little over 8 oz. not bad, not great. Here is my harvest from 2 days ago under same light using AN sensi at 1ml per gallon and I truly believe I will break 1 lb. I believe I am doing pretty dam good. To help you realize the size of the nugs that have been drying for a few days, That cabinet is 44 inches tall, 20 inches wide and 24 inches deep, Keep it Green and Happy Growing.Sorry but not the best pics.:thumb::volcano-smiley:
1-18_004.JPG
1-18_003.JPG
1-18_002.JPG
1-18_001.JPG

The close ups don't help your case
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

If your getting less then a half pound per plant you know your method needs work.

1 ml a gallon is not advisable

its your time do what ever you want and reap those rewards

I understand Grand Master, LOL, and that was 2 plants so I guess I am doing just ok in your book, and what you pull off a plant has alot of different factors, such as how long they vegged and those vegged for 4 weeks, so I am happy and many others would be to, so thanks for your input.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom