Coco Coir mixes and fertilizers for new guy

cnile

hello. got a 600w mh/hps coming and debating between promix and coco coir

i think coco is the way i want to go. i understand coco can mess with the nutrient update sepcifically iron magnesium calcium?

i was looking at advanced nutrient line, sensi grow a and b. but if i go to coco ill probably go with sensigrow coco a and b and a calmag substitute.

can someone give me a coco mix?

im assuming something around 60%coco some vermiculite and some perlite.

how about mykos (brand name for Mycorrhizal) and Azos (brand name for Azos Beneficial Bacteria)

so what im thinking

coco coir
vermiculite
perlite
mykos
azos
calmag
sensigrow coco a+b
clonex and rockwhool cubes for clones and seeds

about 2 weeks in dome for clone/seed with slits being cracked from begining then transfer to coco mix and start the nutrient line. maybe little foil spray after 10 days in dome with sensi grow a+b at like 200 ppm maybe a little superthrive in there too.

please feedback would be appreciated. im mostly wondering about coco.

Hi cnile, you can check out the grow journals on this site. There are many of us growing in coco. I highly recommend you check out growpotcheaply on YouTube. I learned a lot by watching all of his videos. Even if you end up using different nutrients, lights, etc.. the information on is videos can be transferable. So start with his 'How to grow in coco' video and then watch the rest of them. There are always little nuggets of info in all is videos. Take notes! :blalol:

coco will be a blast for you !

get out your plastic money cards and start tallying up a nice little investment for the future of glorious bud production.

I made a lot of mistakes during the past 6 months with coca but I harvested bud that I still have jars of kicking around after 2 month cure.

i tried to be cheap and D-I-Y and as a result it was setback after setback. Plus some mites infestation in the coco :)

anyway, buy buy buy buy buy the nutrients made for coco $$$$$$$$$ and you'll be golden.

Vlad :bongrip:

Run strait coco. Adding anything to it will counteract what makes coco so good, it is near impossible to over water and holds oxygen even when drenched. Skip the azos and mykos, go with an all in one microbe, kelp product called Recharge. Pm me and i will send you the link. Use a good hydroponic nutrient with a little extra cal mag because the coco will capture and hold some cal mag. Buy a good quality coco like canna or botanicare. Cheap coco will have to be flushed reeeaally well so buy the good stuff. Any other questions, feel free to pm me.

i ended getting "The GreatWhite" plant food. its got bacteria and myco. hope that one works. no perlite in the coco huh?

i dont get all that.

whats:

grow more 20.20.20 powder
&
Recharge
&
kelp product

I got that great white, thats micros and fungi i believe. when u say good base hope that includes general hydro floro. i also go their calmag, i was thinking about botanicare cause i bought their coco.

what do u mean grow more 202020

have you ever tried perlite in coco as a mix? 70coco/30perlite or so? if so what happened.

Grow more is a commercial fertilizer company. That make a bunch of powder nutes. 20.20.20 is the n.p.k of the powder i use. They make a powder specifically for cannabis called Mendocino. They also have a few " mendiceno" liquid products. I will be switching to the mendiceno grow soon. Using the bloom now and it is working great.

Gen hydro is ok. Some say it gives the final product a flavor that you can tell it was grown with gen hydro. The mycos or great white or what ever microb product you choose will work. Any nutrient line will grow weed. You can mix and match. All you need it a base nutrient and cal mag. You just have to learn how each product works. A kelp product is anything with kelp in it. Recharge, liquid karma what ever, you can even take the seaweed wrappers you can buy at the dollar store, puree it with a little water and make your own. The kelp helps with branching and growth of roots.

Back
Top Bottom