Pure blend pro how much?

dj1714

Hi all, ok long ago I used this with success and going to use it now. I'll tell ya one thing getting old ain't worth a crap.
I have searched about how much to use and most of what I'm finding is how much to use measured in mls per gallon of water which is fine if I knew how much water is in my 20 gallon reservoir for ebb and flow. I know that the levels are different from day to day because of evaporation and water intake by plants. I was just wondering if any of you could help me out and tell me what your measurements of PPM that you use at different stages. I have 2 white widows on the tray that are 2 weeks old and 1 that is a week old. have 3 white rhino's that are 3 days old still under the dome that I'll be adding soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by and reading and helping an old fart out. :)

Sorry, forgot ( told ya getting old ain't worth a crap) to add that I'll be using distilled water, as my well water is super hard 700 ppm. So I also got the calmag plus which I didn't use before but decided I should get it after doing a lot of reading about deficiencies and got some liquid karma to try out later on.
Thanks

20161216_205953.png

Thanks for the reply Rifleman. I appreciate the chart but what I'm really after is how much does the measurements of imperial or metric equal to ppms on my meter. probably my fault for not explaining good enough but I might be not reading things right.
Just wondering if anyone goes by ppm on the meter for feeding or measurement by liquid.
Thanks again.

I use PBP as well. My little plants just run off of the N contained in the calmag +, which I add to the water tank at about 150-200 ppm. Medium sized veg I feed at about 420 ppm. For the pure sativas I max out at 750 ppm during bloom. For indicas about 1100 ppm usually - less or more depending on the strain. The botanicare feeding charts will put you past 1300 ppm even before additives -I don't go that high.

I use rainwater so -don't know what to say about your tap water. 700 is very high. I think you have to factor that into your total ppm but like I say I'm not familiar with tap- just rainwater which is zero ppm.
Hopefully it doesn't hurt the plants. I'm guessing it will take some ph adjustments. Since almost all of the ppm of tap water is calcium- you may not need the calmag. I'm not sure.
Calmag plus is calcium, magnesium, with a little iron. But it also contains quite high levels of nitrogen which sometimes you need to factor in. Check the bottle and you'll see what I mean. It's not much different than adding Grow formula.

Thanks for the reply guys, this is the guidance I was after. Really appreciate it.
Weaselcracker my well water is hard, but I will be using distilled water for this. I also have a rain barrel but can't have any rain water it right now because it got down to 28 this morning and don't want to take the chance of it splitting (freezing) for the wifey will be upset if you know what I mean.
Thanks alot.

I ditched the cal mag plus for GH cal mag. It's 0-0-0.
So does that mean that Gh cal mag doesn't have the nitrogen in it that cal mag + does. And if so will just that more N be too much for the girls if I decide to add it later on. Forgot (keep doing that for some reason) to say I'm using the perfect sun 500 led and have read that you need to add cal mag if using leds.
Thanks the replies really mean a lot to me.

For most basic fertilizers you'll see a number below the name. Referred to as an N-P-K number and lists the percentages of the three most important nutrients plants use. These ingredients are listed by percentage in the following order- N- nitrogen, P- phosphorus, and K- potassium. ( The K refers to its former Latin name of Kalium)
The numbers as I said refer to the percentage of the bottle.
PBP Grow is 3-2-4. The bottle contains 3% N, 2% P, 4% K.
What's the rest of the stuff in the bottle? I don't know. Water I guess....
Calmag plus is 2-0-0. (Calcium and iron aren't part of the NPK listing so you have to read the finer print and to find their percentages)

I use ppm. Around 250 for spouts, 400 little girls, and work up a little each week until I see burnt tips, then back off. I'm running 800 to 1000 with my girls in bloom right now. Check out my journal in my signature for specifics. :)

Will check out the journal and thanks

I ditched the cal mag plus for GH cal mag. It's 0-0-0.

Thanks for the tip Rifleman. I have some on the way so I can use it when I put the girls into flowering next weekend. I really don't want the extra N in there when trying to build up buds. I'll just keep the cal mag plus and use it during veg seeing how I already have it and don't want to see it go to waste.

Thanks again

Thanks for the tip Rifleman. I have some on the way so I can use it when I put the girls into flowering next weekend. I really don't want the extra N in there when trying to build up buds. I'll just keep the cal mag plus and use it during veg seeing how I already have it and don't want to see it go to waste.

Thanks again

Don't feel bad about having two bottles. I've got three different bottles, three brands, with three different N levels. :rofl: And No, it isn't some method, or schedule, I just occasionally have my head up my rearend when ordering supplies and don't pay attention.

Don't feel bad about having two bottles. I've got three different bottles, three brands, with three different N levels. :rofl: And No, it isn't some method, or schedule, I just occasionally have my head up my rearend when ordering supplies and don't pay attention.

:rofl: :rofl: Too funny. I appreciate your help and humor. :grinjoint:

Sorry, forgot ( told ya getting old ain't worth a crap) to add that I'll be using distilled water, as my well water is super hard 700 ppm. So I also got the calmag plus which I didn't use before but decided I should get it after doing a lot of reading about deficiencies and got some liquid karma to try out later on.
Thanks

You should filter your water being its so hard , They sell small RO systems for about $100 which is a small price to pay for good buds

You should filter your water being its so hard , They sell small RO systems for about $100 which is a small price to pay for good buds

Yeah I've been using distilled water from wally world but it's a pain lugging 20 gallons home so I just got my Hydro logic stealth ro300 hooked up the other night.

I ordered the ro200 and they upgraded to the ro300. It even came with the flush kit for the membranes that you have to order separately for the ro100/200.

I have the booster pump on the way. my well is around 150 feet from the house with a Gould 1 hp pump with the regulator set to kick in at 42 psi and shuts off at 60 psi, so the pressure drop is noticeable when it comes in the house. When the water softner goes on discharge the pressure is not enough to run the RO300 properly so the flow rate is way down. Now I know I can buy a lot of water from Walley world for what I'm spending on this but the wife and I really don't like the idea of dragging it to the house. I have a 20 gal res in the flower room and just got finished setting up a 18 gal in veg tent, so yeah for us it's going to work out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom