Help needed please

kev4168

Hi ive jus got some cuttings off a fruend they have rooted and may be about 2week old , they looked fine when i got them but now the leaves are drooping with slight yellow tips ...also one of the plants leaves are starting to twist a little

The day i got them :
420-magazine-mobile1379733463.jpg

2days after :
420-magazine-mobile1456145247.jpg

420-magazine-mobile772428616.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1396944866.jpg

420-magazine-mobile149021986.jpg

My setup is as follows i have a 10pot wilma but only using 8 pots for 8 plants ..
I have 1x600w duel-spectrum sunmaster over themon 18/6 for the time being ..
Im using canna aqua veg & rhizotonic ..
Feed on dribble 24/7 as rock wool drying quickly ...
Im using co2 tank with a unis ..
got a rotating fan heater and 6" inlet fan conected to a thermostat
Thermostat settings :
Cool inlet - on at 28.9'c
- off at 28.6'c
Heater - on at 25.0'c
- off at 28.6'c

Sent from my GT-I9195 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Let the roots seek out the water they look like they are failing from too much love.

This is a common problem for those starting out on drip. Not sure when you started dripping but it was * too soon and place too close * Its best to hand water until they set
Let the plants work for the water when you give it to them like that it floods them out and gives no incentive to look for more moisture.

Take the drip away for now is my best advice and let the roots head to the bottom for moisture the pebbles will have enough moisture for a week on them.

Once they are vibrant add the drip back but this time * to the side of the pot * , it will wick

Nutrient temps should be below 70 bare minimum or root rot is highly likely

to me they have a drowned look maybe your nutrients are too strong , look into that.

I was feeding fo 15mins every 3hr when i first put them in and thats when i saw signs of drooping and rock will was dry weneva i checked

Also i realised that i used instructions on the canna label fo nutrient doses , then remember that i maybe should of halfed the dose so have empty 40l out and put 40l tap water in to dilute

You should not of used full strength nutrients or of drip fed from the start , turn the drip off imo

Stop those two things

try 1/3 to 1/2 strength screw the RW , let it dry out

it should be dry despite some people using it soaking wet ( they shouldn't don't follow them)

maybe you did rot the roots ..wet RW will help to rot the plant

The roots should seek water and not be drenched not sure if you can do it you may be too tempted but try to NOT to water for 7 days.

This happens to a lot of people its common as salt you gave it too much love / attention , let it be.

You should of hand watered for two weeks or until rooted and no more then once a day and well away from the RW

To keep stalk rot way you want to keep the stalk dry wet RW makes this unlikely especially when the plants are young.

Some people plant right into the hydroton to avoid problems , Now I think you have to un drown them / dry them out.

They will bounce back !

No roots should be fine theve been in these conditions fo 1+ 1/2 days max ...today i diluted the feed so strength is now 1/3 the dose recomended .......do you fink i should still turn off the pump off and let them dry out .....please note these are 2-3 week old cuttings that ive had in veg 4days

Also if im wrong and roots rotting what should i do ? ....thanks for the help

If you do have a little root rot starting (who knows ?) its because of too much watering and or too high of water temperatures.

Stop the drip drop the water temperature to 65 degrees and use fresh water nutrients and res treatment of what ever your using.

if your using Peroxide cease and buy a real product.

I think you are actually drowning the plants but you may be rotted them as well , start with fixing the drowning them first as its the most likely and surely part of the problem.

Will the plants b okay over night without water if my rooms max temp is 28.6'c /min 25'c ..controlled by a fan heater ...this will not dry them out too much?

Just to update ....temp now set to max 26.3c and lowest 23.0c ...it dpends most time at 25c ......nutrients diluted to 1/3 recomended ...ph around 5.7 and 10 min feeds every 6 hr and stakes moved to the edge so it mainly goes to the bottom and draws the roots down

Day2 - 4 ..... noticed signs ..diluted feed 1/3...ph 5.7 ...temp 25.c cuttings left to dry out and set to 10min feed every 6hr

420-magazine-mobile1922894943.jpg

420-magazine-mobile663201103.jpg

420-magazine-mobile589563257.jpg

Day 5.... new growth starting leaves perked slightly ..still damaged from bad conditions but fink on road to recovery

420-magazine-mobile2027888585.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1387418392.jpg

420-magazine-mobile152021632.jpg

The drip might still drown them they need to spring back before you add more water imo

I am using 6 inch net pots and they held water for days when the plants were 2 weeks old

The first 2 weeks mine looked sad it was not until I stopped hand watering and the roots hit the water that they started to flourish

Here's a example of the transition

week 2
IMG_0038136.JPG

week 3
IMG_0039134.JPG

When seedlings they need to be on the search for moisture for proper rooting , they must work for it yet in a balanced way to encourage spreading.

Make them work for it and they spring into action flood them out and they have no incentive

The drip is set to the lowest it can got but its also only on for 10mins every 6hr ...so 2 times a day .......isnt that vertually same as hand watering ..please tell mi if im wrong im thankful for all advice ...not my 1st grow jus been a really long time

I have digital timer on my pump what time would u recomend to set it to and for how long as im not able to hand feed .....lights on 5:00/ off 23:00..... thanks

I would make sure the PH is correct and let them drink the available water to keep the available water fresh you could drip once a day for 15 minutes or something like that.

Too much water appears to be their problem and that can lead to stalk or root rot it certainly does not encourage plentiful rooting.

Maybe your PH was out as that will cause a similar effect , they need to get over this hump before you start the drip cycle imo

Remember they are not thirsty something else is going on , water is not what they want or need at the moment.

If you lift the lid and shake it a bit you will notice a whole bunch of water gets released from the hydroton , it holds water threw surface tension n between the clay pellets making for many water reserves

Hi ive jus got some cuttings off a fruend they have rooted and may be about 2week old , they looked fine when i got them but now the leaves are drooping with slight yellow tips ...also one of the plants leaves are starting to twist a little

The day i got them :
420-magazine-mobile1379733463.jpg

2days after :
420-magazine-mobile1456145247.jpg

420-magazine-mobile772428616.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1396944866.jpg

420-magazine-mobile149021986.jpg

Picture 14 , they all have nitrogen toxicity

Pure. Potent. Vapor

Back
Top Bottom