How often do I water

My understanding is coco dries out more quickly than soil in addition to needing cal/mag supplements (doubly important with LED lighting). No real answer though, you water them as need. I use the pot lifting method. Get a handle on the weight of your pot(s) filled with dry coco. Once you have a feel for that its a matter of lifting your pots and when they feel light water them. All plants will feed differently, more or less.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lad on YouTube waters his every day and that with nuts in every day I just don't no if I should let them dry out or warter(feed) them every day

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do not let it dry out. You will get salt pockets in the coco. Feed every 2 days at the minimum with coco (or just until the top layer drys out. Yes calmag and nutes every time don't try to flush coco doesn't like that. If you flush use about 1/4 strength nutes. Only use plane water at the last 2 weeks or so. Calmag is a must with coco even with hydro based nutes. Most nutrients lack in calmag so get a supplement. And yes you can feed up to 2 times a day depending on how old your plants are. I have been using coco for the past 2 years and I love it. Just make sure you feed nutes every water and keep your ph at 5.8 in your water before you feed. Some people sat 6.0 but 5.8 is the magic number for coco or hydroponics

CannaBomb62000000

Do not let it dry out. You will get salt pockets in the coco. Feed every 2 days at the minimum with coco (or just until the top layer drys out. Yes calmag and nutes every time don't try to flush coco doesn't like that. If you flush use about 1/4 strength nutes. Only use plane water at the last 2 weeks or so. Calmag is a must with coco even with hydro based nutes. Most nutrients lack in calmag so get a supplement. And yes you can feed up to 2 times a day depending on how old your plants are. I have been using coco for the past 2 years and I love it. Just make sure you feed nutes every water and keep your ph at 5.8 in your water before you feed. Some people sat 6.0 but 5.8 is the magic number for coco or hydroponics

CannaBomb62000000
So do you not flush at all only in the final week

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When i grew in a 75/25 mix i always watered till runoff... not a lot, Some times there's more runoff than expected, if there's water in the saucer the following morning, i adjust for that.. .... Each plant gets the same amount each morning when they're established... When more runoff happens, i adjust for that plant... I grow in a screen so i can't be lifting the plant to judge it's need for water... Not watering till runoff is a personal opinion on one method of watering, not a fact of all coco growing...
I grew two 5 gal c/p plants using a 2'x3' cement mixing tray for a saucer... I had to leave for 1 week when they were 5 weeks into flower, in a screen. I changed the 430 watt hps to 185 true watt led.... Then i mixed about 7 gal of 1/2 strength nutes and poured that in the tray... It was up 4.5-5" on the sq buckets... I figured i'd drown them, or they'd deal with it... I got back 6 days later, there was 3/4 inch left in the tray, and they looked great... Coco/Perlite is the most forgiving hydro method you can use... You can't go wrong starting with coco/perlite...
I've moved on to rdwc with modified Waterfarms.... Never have to worry about how much to water anymore... I have a coco/perlite grow in my mixed hydro thread with 2 waterfarms... I get about 4-6 ozs more per plant using rWFs, as evident in the mixed hydro thread...

Back
Top Bottom