Aquaponics & Zip Grow Towers

We use an aquaponics integrated with 5' vertical Zip Grow towers to grow lettuce. I was wondering how dwarf photos would behave in these? Normally, we run the flow 24/7 and the lettuce loves it, plus it is less wear on the pumps, etc. The constant immersion/flow would be detrimental to the roots of cannabis, no? If so, one solution may be a 12/12 circulation timer that gives the roots time to dry out.

Thoughts appreciated.

IMG_66179.jpg

looking at this, I almost think it would be ideal for small clones or something. Though I'm not familiar with how big dwarves get.

Not sure how the whole cloning thing works (yet) but when you start the plants in these towers you generally finish them in them due to the development of the root structure. Since the roots are awash constantly and the nutrients are plentiful, the root base is smaller. However, the end result is that the majority of the growth is directed towards the plant. I have gotten some good ideas from DowntheHoller in regards to training the plants so maybe I'll play with that this summer.

Found this site after reading up on grow towers.... GroPockets & Drip Guides for Making PVC Pipe into a Vertical Garden
This is of particular interest to me as i can make my own Gro Pockets to fit any size pipe.... Check my misc. projects thread to see how i turn ideas into plastic........ Posting pot related anything is not allowed on that forum...

There is actually an easier and cheaper way to do that yourself. Look on YouTube. People cut the pvc with a saw and heat with a dryer/heat gun and pull out the pocket. For our application the ZipGrow towers work better (easier, faster, etc) and they are American made by a very nice guy in Wyoming with a PhD in Ag.

Back
Top Bottom