Condensation

phatz06

Last few weeks, I've noticed a LOT of condensation on the inside of my grow tent. The inside of the tent is basically soaked.

What causes this? is this bad? If so, how do I stop? The tent is pretty much all closed up. I opened one of the vents last night, but if it helped, it helped only a little bit.

Thanks.

Do you have ventilation? If RH (Relative Humidity) is too high and/or a lack of ventilation you will be more prone to mold/mildew issues, which is never good as you can lose your whole crop, as smoking moldy weed not recommended.

It is best to be exchanging the air in the tent a few times a min.

I run a fan venting out at the top of the tent and have the lower vents open and also have a small fan inside mid way up to keep it mixed up.

I don't run a filter. The air just flows back into the room.

Seeing condensation inside the tent or between the leaves is not good and is a sign you need more airflow.

I have two vents that are at the bottom of the tent on opposite sides and until last night, those have been closed.

I've now opened both of them. I have a fan up top that blows through the lamp and back out again. I have another fan on the ground that basically just blows up to keep air moving around.

I've been considering purchasing a filter and running the internal air through it and out.

I have a meter and its showing RH at 45% right now.

You need to exchange air from the outside with air inside to keep the air fresh and circulated or your going to run into problems, get a fan to sucks the air out of the tent and air will be drawn in through the vents keeping the air fresh,

By not doing this you are basically making your plants breath into a plastic bag and then breath back in that same stale air, if it were you doing this you would eventually die with all sorts of infections and bacteria

That's the best way I can explain it

Newbie Grow
Mikeyxb - 2 Plant One Pot Plus More
Mikeyxb's First Attempt At Cloning

Sounds like you have it under control.

Many days my RH is up in the 60's and 70's.

It is hot and humid where I live.

I use a Honeywell Turbo fan blowing out up top. They blow a lot of air and are very quite.

Yeah trying to band-aid stuff together right now and then work on grow tent 2.0 before next grow.

I took the line going from outside air to the lamp, and split it, so that half goes to light, and half goes to the tent. I'm going to see how that does for the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom