Can I use Potassium Peroxymonosulfate - MPS - to kill root rot?

Azazel35

I been googling MPS use in DWC with no luck. So I thought I would ask here. Doing my first hydro grow and man it has been a experience. I'm at middle stage of flowering, not sure if I have root rot, but my upper root mass that is above the water is brown. Not slimming, roots in water are very white. But my water keeps getting a odor in it. I been doing a flush for nitrogen toxicity for pass week. I have 6 gallons in my dwc setup, I've been running ph water for 24 hours dump and repeat. Today is the 3rd day since I stopped my flush, the water has a smell, hard to explain smell. I guess I would say like a mild pond smell. Or like a lake smell. So I have read people adds 1ml of chlorine to a gallon to make 1ppm, per gallon of water I use. But I thought about non chlorine shock and wonder if it would be better then chlorine. I know MPS is an oxygen based shock that oxidize the water to break down organic waste and contaminants.

So would it be a better solution. Has anyone used it that can share there experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds like typical warm dwc with the roots and odor(like a musty dirt floor basement). Easiest thing to do is add beneficial bacteria of some sort, Hydroguard, Sensizym, Z7, and rock on. Any chlorine or peroxide is going to be toxic to the entire biosphere in your reservoir.

I have hydroguard, but not sure on amount to use? I've been doing 12ml for 6 gallons. I think my problem with the water is bacteria in the lid. I started in a aero garden. So I'm stuck in the lid from it, and the track has a lot of build up in it.

I put a teaspoon of MPS in my res. So far no side effect yet, odor is slightly weaker. Water temp is 66 to 68. I have 5 air stones, 3 12" two 4" . I'm going add another teaspoon on Thursday,

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Back
Top Bottom