What is your Hydroponic system of choice?

What is your Ideal Hydroponic System?

• Nutrient Film Technique (NFT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeroponics System

• Aquaponics

• Total voters

Gardenseed

Before I first dipped my toes into hydroponics, I was overwhelmed by the different systems I was able to choose from — there are literally hundreds of them!

However, almost every type of hydroponic system is built around the principles of one of these six systems (or perhaps a hybrid between two systems). Understanding the basics of each type is complicated enough. I don't have time to learn them all at the moment. Cut to the chase I'm running an open poll to know what Hydro System the majority of the best growers are running.

I want to hear from the little guy all the way to you legends (you know who you are ;) ) to 420 contest winners.
Cast your vote for system of choice. If you have something to add other then what I've posted for choices please leave a comment.

Hey Dr fish, whats cooking. Thanks for dropping by and adding to the knowledge base. I thought that drip system was well "the" drip system. It shows how little I know therefore my need for this post. Here is a post of an RDWC/drip I found in the archives here at :420: from member Rider509
Elevated RDWC With Drip System

Please cast your voted for RDWC in the Drip systems.

Thanks for the input, learning something new every day is critical for progress. ;)
:Namaste::Namaste:

Thanks for the input Rifleman. :thumb:I've yet to try a Deep water culture but I've heard good things about it.
Nice plant of the month by the way. ;)

2 ebb n flow here, one 3x3 botanicare for flowering and one diy 2x3 for veg.
Going to try this for a little bit and may go back to dwc like I had years ago.

Well I assume you are asking about the dual root portion, right?
Aquaponics to grow my plants and the dual root zone. Fill the bottom 2/3 of the pot with hydroton. Then a layer of burlap and the top 1/3 is soil.
I set the water level about 2" below the top of the hydroton layer. So that the soil will be able to dry out and not be soaked all the time.
This allows me to water the top half of the soil and amend any lack of nutrients the aquaponics might have. And also allows for teas and other things you cannot use in hydro that you can in soil.

Back
Top Bottom