Issue with my DWC plants - Droopy & discoloring

Cainrivera96

My system is kind of rigged but I dont think that it is affecting the growth, see at first I had ghetto rigged net cups made out of plastic, and that was literally for one day, but it had holes and lots of ways for the roots to get out and into the water but not one ever did during that day.
the nexy day i got net cups delivered from amazon and put them in there

My ppm was about 320 when i called the local grow room to ask some questions, they said my PPM was too low so its at 625 now. my PH is around 5.8/6.0

i been watering like every 30 minutes but the lady told me water one twice a day

I have a c02 exhaust pipe and system
using a 1000 watt light, which was almost 7 feet above the plant when i first got it? (could this made the plants droop from lack of light) well anyways the stems are okay just the leaves are drooping and it was only 2 plants at first now it is all of them ever since i lowered the light to about 4 feet above all of the plants are drooping
Should i wait? they arent getting taller at all from what I can see but and now are changing colors and getting really droopy!

My tempature in the room is about 80-85 and the res temp is around 68-70..

Im using florabloom products, and i added some thrive alive.

Please help me!

also one of my plants grew algae

I have my AC unit runing into the tent to keep temps down.

I am using Air bubbles for oxygen also have a fan running 24/7 at some point the fan was blowing the leaves.

they are growing up

my strains are
cheesecake and sfv OG

are they dying??

dvm2a9.jpg
24w4hzl.jpg
24eym34.jpg
dpefle.jpg

re: Issue with my DWC plants - Droopy & discoloring

What do the roots look like?

It looks like light can get into the rez.

If so that can cause all kinds of issues.

You should think about getting some 5gal DWC black buckets with 6" net-tops with all that space you have.

They are cheap and work great.

The light looks close for plants that small and weak.

To me they look like they may have issues with their roots.

Are you putting anything in the water for that?

At this point they still could be saved.

re: Issue with my DWC plants - Droopy & discoloring

The last time I had plants like that it was to hot try to get the tent down to 70 to 75 degrees

went out and took advice, got the tempdown to 75 highest is 80 but 70 i cut holes in the silver pipe to vent the room and now its good and cool. got the ppm up to 700 on some and 300 on one. and about 4 gallons of water in each..
to me they look better
what do yall think will this do the trick
200rxpe.jpg
2e1c8wp.jpg
2ngx1tf.jpg
2nsxf8o.jpg
24bkifc.jpg
2a7d3dv.jpg
dvm2a9.jpg

Are the roots in the water if not you need to hand water or fill till it is at the bottom of the net pot until the roots are in the water. Or put a drip line in

Very nice! That setup should work out great for you.

I agree with Levators and I would be top watering at lest twice a day until the roots hit the water.

Basic nutes,water and something to keep your roots free from slime and rot like z7,Great White,Hydrogaurd is all you really need for a great crop.

Just keep the ph in the zone and you should see some signs of recovery soon.

Good Luck!

The roots look like they are growing out out of the net cup now.. topped them off with nutes from the bucket.
Getting my PH reader tonight but manually the ph is at 5.7to 6.0 right now.
My heat is at 80 degrees but i have a exahust pipe co2 fan and a ac running in there at 60 degreees and a co2 bag

My tents run about 78 to 80f.

I run a lot of air through them at all times and have not had any mold or heat issues unless I let them get to close to the lights.

I would rather run cooler. But it would take and cost a lot to do and what I have been doing has been working for years.

We all have to find what will work best for or own situation. To make what I have to deal with work.

I have found I need lots of air in the water and lots flowing through my tents along with z7 in my water.

With those three things I am good up to 80f rez temp and 85f tent temp if needed.

Are the roots in the water if not you need to hand water or fill till it is at the bottom of the net pot until the roots are in the water. Or put a drip line in

I was just about to say the same thing until roots touch water be sure to hand top feed with just ph water and water at plant base into res, once roots hit water then dwc air stone will take over there tap roots still didn't extend down enough I'll snap some pictures later of both so you can see my res for seedlings and my full on dwc buckets

Cool ill get some z7 now. Do u know where to get it cheap?? I find if i shop around the local marts in north hollywood i find low deals on different nutes that would be full price on amazon.

I got a ph reader and my ph is around 5.7-5.9 but it goes up over time.

Ppm is around 320-900 on some but things are looking mighty fine ill post pixs.

Thanks duke. Your awesome. I appreciate your detailed replies.

Im a 20 year old here and this is MY FIRST grow but i did grow with a friend dwc 2 years ago so it wasnt fully mine. He didnt do shit though and killed out plant by putting it in a little closet with no ventalation or checking the heat. I came back and they were dead. So sad!

Im doing all my research as much as possible.

I just checked and the roots are coming out of some nets and some i fixed so the roots come out. But inside the bucket is lots of humidity and bubbles working great to wet plant..
Water temp is cool still

Temp is around 76-79
wks2s5.jpg
dvm2a9.jpg

The best advice I can give you is get a good growers guide book. Will tell you how to grow. Temperature to high or low will make all kinds of problems and cause the plants to stress and things to grow that you don't want. Marijuana grow basic is the one I read lots of information.

Z7 cost about $25 and is real hard to find on sale.

It only takes .5mils of each part per gal and it works out to about 2.5 cents per gal of water treated.

That $25 would last you about a year and would keep your roots, buckets and stones clean and free from issues.

It also helps to keep the ph steady.

Have you checked your pH? Bc that is the most important part of dwc

If your leaves are crispy try moving the light up more. They do not need much light at this point.

Fancy additives like bud candy are nice but not needed that much in DWC.

If your using good basic nutes. Then you should not need much more then some calmag at times and something for your roots.

Back
Top Bottom