Added molasses - Help

Prodigyy

Hello everyone I'm a little concerned...I'm on my 3rd week of flowering and I decided to add some molasses to sweeten the buds. I changed out my GH nuts as usual to about 1120 ppm of nuts on 15 gallons of ro water.. The only big difference this time was that I added about 1.5 Oz of molasses to the mix. First 2 days it seemed fine but this morning I noticed alot of bubbling in the top layer of nuts inside the resovour, I mixed it a bit and it seemed to break down but the water sounded like it was fizzzing which eventually stopped. My ph prior to adding buts would always be about 6.1 and u could easily bring it down but today it was about 6.5 and it took me alot more ph down to bring it to 5.8 then usual... Does this normally happen when u add molasses to the nuts? Should I be worried? I'm almost at the finish line so I don't want to jeopardize anything. Thanks I'm advance
420-magazine-mobile799973383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1100376319.jpg

People usually use like bud candy or something similar. Even heard of adding a tiny bit of vanilla extract to the res toward the end of flush but we've never tried that ourselves, but we do use bud candy. Best advice, dump that goop out clean it up really good and put your regular flowering nutes back in!

People usually use like bud candy or something similar. Even heard of adding a tiny bit of vanilla extract to the res toward the end of flush but we've never tried that ourselves, but we do use bud candy. Best advice, dump that goop out clean it up really good and put your regular flowering nutes back in!

Yes sounds good, trial and error I guess. I'm gonna clean it all up as soon as I get home.

How does molasses help?

In soil I've read the sugars are used by the plant and the micro-organisms in the soil to produce better buds. In dwc it just makes a mess and can feed bad bacteria if there are any present.

Back
Top Bottom