Best inline garden hose filter?

Klaatu

420 Member
I have hard water and I can't afford RO or 50 gal. a week water delivery bill, so I'm stuck using the best inline garden hose filter.

What I would like to know is if anyone has had any experience with these types of filters. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place I know, and I appreciate any help!

s-l160014.jpg

At 200ppm you should be fine without a filter. Not optimal but fine. Are you mixing the nutrients at the manufacturer recommendation? If so you can usually cut that in half.

If you are worrying that 900 is high remember that you subtract your original 200 from that to get an effective nutrient concentration of around 700ppm.

At 200ppm you should be fine without a filter. Not optimal but fine. Are you mixing the nutrients at the manufacturer recommendation? If so you can usually cut that in half.

If you are worrying that 900 is high remember that you subtract your original 200 from that to get an effective nutrient concentration of around 700ppm.

I didn't know that, so my PPM is really 700. My girl looks strong and healthy at 5 wks. but those feeding tubes in my DWC as well as the Rapid Rooters, pump and hydroton are milky white and appear to be clogging them. HUH!?

I didn't know that, so my PPM is really 700. My girl looks strong and healthy at 5 wks. but those feeding tubes in my DWC as well as the Rapid Rooters, pump and hydroton are milky white and appear to be clogging them. HUH!?

Photographs? Is it a top feed dwc system?

Edit: More info gets better answers. :) How to Ask for Grow Support

The white is probably salts left from the nutrients evaporating. Hard to say for sure without photos. If you're running dwc you can end the top feed once the roots are in the reservoir as long as you have some form of aeration.

Wow, I didn't know that either! Thanx

Back
Top Bottom