First Indoor Hydro Grow Clarification

1888Grow

Hello everyone! First post, glad to be here. As the title implies, I'm about to start my first indoor hydroponic grow (DWC) and I think I have everything I need and the right mindset, but I've done all my research now I want to be sure. I've grown outdoors, but I have zero experience indoors and more importantly zero experience with hydro. I purchased a 2x2.5x6 grow tent, Mars Hydro II 400 LED grow light (is this enough?), 5 gallon bubble boy DWC system, the general hydroponics flora trio for nutes + cali magic, PH up and down along with meter for PH and TDS, some 6 inch circulation fans, a 6 inch inline CAN fan with 6 inch carbon filter and ducting and the obvious hydro/temp meters. I also dug a little deeper into the issues people have with DWC and SCROG so what I found was an electric water pump on amazon for $10 that seems like it will do the trick. In this tent my goal is to get a full canopy, long veg using one plant and a SCROG. I have some fem honeysuckle seeds ready to go. Are there any obvious flaws in my plan? Something I could do better? I've also done a vast amount of research in terms of growing indoors so I'm leaving that part out of it which could very possibly be even more important than this, but I would like to be 100% prepared. I've been accumulating all of these things for a while now and I'm finally about ready to give it a shot. Thank you!

Looks to me like you've covered the initial bases for equipment very well. You set yourself up for a good start.

Best advise I have for you is to start a journal of your grow. You'll have a lot more exposure with a journal and quite likely a couple of the seasoned hydro guys and gals will subscribe and help out along the journey. Good luck.

Heres a link you may find helpful to start a journal.
How to Make a Grow Journal

Looks to me like you've covered the initial bases for equipment very well. You set yourself up for a good start.

Best advise I have for you is to start a journal of your grow. You'll have a lot more exposure with a journal and quite likely a couple of the seasoned hydro guys and gals will subscribe and help out along the journey. Good luck.

Heres a link you may find helpful to start a journal.
How to Make a Grow Journal

Hey, I appreciate it. I will most definitely start a journal when I start. I guess I was just mainly concerned about my lighting and my intended grow method. I've been going back and forth between SCROG and a little LST just to fill the tent out. I'm just hoping the MARS 400 is enough. I'm really shooting for about 4 ounces from this one plant but I'd be happy with anything for my first time indoors. Thanks again and I should be giving it a go by the end of the month at which time I'll start the journal.

Yes. You will get great results with that light. Make sure you follow Mars recommended heights for each phase of growth no matter what you may hear from anyone. You might even add an inch. Plants can and will sun bleach. I know. .
Great plan going with the one plant and a long veg for your first hydro grow.
Do some research on PH and how to treat your water.
Beneficial enzyme's and how they work.
Some good stuff out there on should I pH?
Remo has great Info on their website. It's kind of difficult to find, but once you read it you will be miles ahead.

Gauge

I've read just about as much as I could find but I haven't read that article. I'll go check it out. Yeah, I plan to veg until I fill up my tent nicely, shouldn't be all too hard with some lst/scrogging due to the small size of my tent I'd imagine. Thank you for the input, I'll go check it out now!

Back
Top Bottom