Does Advance Nutrient's pH Perfect technology actually work?

Scientific

Hi all -- Keeping the pH of my reservoir in limits has been my biggest challenge. I notice that Advanced Nutrients claims that their "Perfect pH technology" (some kind of buffering system, I assume?) will help with this. Does anyone have experience with this (or have other tips for keeping pH stable with a plant that is growing rapidly). I'm thinking a bigger reservoir next time would help.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

Does Advance Nutrient's "pH Perfect" technology actually work?

It works perfect. We use ph perfect sensi grow and bloom two part base nutes and we still check the ph anyway and it's always right where it needs to be, sometimes longer than a week when plants are young in a five gallon and don't drink a lot of water. Once you do the switch you'll never go back and you'll find you will have to search for your ph meter whenever you start new plants and it's not time for nutes yet. That's the only time we use any ph adjuster or really even need the meter. It's no gimmick it works amazing.

Re: Does Advance Nutrient's "pH Perfect" technology actually work?

Wow. Cool! Glad to hear it. Thanks GG. :)

Take a read through my journal. I used it for a couple of years without ever checking pH. I also did extensive record taking this Winter and posted the data to prove that it does work. Not quite like they claim it does, but it does work.

Thanks Rifleman. I will definitely look at your journal!

:thumb:

I use it in my res for my recirculating drip feed system. It works perfectly never have to worry about PH :D

Thanks Blue. I've gotta try this stuff, if only because the buffering technology interests me (and because you guys say it actually does what it says). Advanced Nutrients says at their website that it was "university developed."

Defo recommend biweekly medium flushes. The salt build-up on my hydroton was bad and it caused some issues when i got to flower. It was my fault tho.... Being lazy. Lol. The only time i use my ph pen is when I'm doing top offs through the week.

I have been reading about Advanced Nutrient's product lines and the pH stabilization technology. It's proprietary and they don't explain it, but I have taken enough chemistry to recognize a buffering system when I see it.

The video below is a pretty good demo of how it can take acidic or basic starting water to the desired pH, buy yowza, the guy spends five minutes pouring in all the "Grand Master" nutrients. Would anyone care to comment on the various different product lines they offer (do they really call them "tribes"?). :p It seem to me that NPK + micronutrients + pH buffering would be all I need, but if anyone has tried the fancier $$$ products I'd love to hear about it.

Advanced Nutrients pH Stabilization YouTube video

Check out riflemans grow. I believe he did a test with just the mgb and with the mgb and some additives and I think(iirc) he said the ones with just the mgb turned out better. I use the mgb, big bud, overdrive and flawless finish but will be doing a similar comparison when space allows.

Check out riflemans grow. I believe he did a test with just the mgb and with the mgb and some additives and I think(iirc) he said the ones with just the mgb turned out better. I use the mgb, big bud, overdrive and flawless finish but will be doing a similar comparison when space allows.

Thanks Lazarus. (I did try a few searches in Rifleman's grow, but finding the needle in the haystack of 1700+ posts proved... difficult.)

Thanks Lazarus. (I did try a few searches in Rifleman's grow, but finding the needle in the haystack of 1700+ posts proved... difficult.)

It was my dark devil grow that was harvested Mar 1st and 15th of this year if that helps locate it easier. All the pH and ppm data was logged in the Feb thru March time period this year IIRC.

I used mgb on two of them, while the other two got ; Rhinoskin, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy, Sensizym, Big Bud, Overdrive, Voodoo Juice, and Piranha, all during the appropriate times. The mgb girls were the larger and heavier producers. If I weren't switching to Remo nutrients I'd run the experiment again next year to try and duplicate the results.

It was my dark devil grow that was harvested Mar 1st and 15th of this year if that helps locate it easier. All the pH and ppm data was logged in the Feb thru March time period this year IIRC.

I used mgb on two of them, while the other two got ; Rhinoskin, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy, Sensizym, Big Bud, Overdrive, Voodoo Juice, and Piranha, all during the appropriate times. The mgb girls were the larger and heavier producers. If I weren't switching to Remo nutrients I'd run the experiment again next year to try and duplicate the results.

Thanks for the additional navigation guidance! :)

Back
Top Bottom